Co-Founder of Wake Up World
The quality and accessibility of our food supply is a mounting issue today. With GMOs, chemical pesticides and low-nutrition processed foods now commonplace in the mainstream supply, taking control of your own food supply is one of the smartest things you can do – for your health and for your hip pocket.
So, with limited space, how can we create an independent food supply?
I recently came across this amazing video of a man, urban farmer Will Allen, who has figured out a self-sustaining system that can grow 1 million pounds of food every year, on just 3 acres of land, using the symbiotic cultivation of plants and aquatic animals in a re-circulating system.
If you’re interested in starting your own Aquaponics system in your home, be sure to check out our exclusive special offer to Wake Up World readers at the bottom of this page.
Grow 1 Million Pounds of Food on 3 Acres
Using greenhouses and a closed eco-system technology known as Aquaponics, Will Allen has taken urban farming to new extremes. In fact, a packed greenhouse produces a crop value of $5 square foot! ($200,000 per acre). So how is he doing this?
* Maintaining 3 acres of land in green houses
* Producing 10,000 fish
* Using 300 to 500 yards of worm compost
* Utilizing vertical space
* Using 1 simple aquaponic pump
* Food is grown all year by using heat from the compost piles
The below videos show “The Urban Farmer” (Will Allen) on the Growing Power farm.
Will Allen Talks Us Through ‘Growing Power’
Will Allen Takes A Tour Group Around ‘Growing Power’
Can you imagine if places like this started popping up all over the world? It would be one giant step towards self-reliance and true sovereignty.
If you are not able to start your own garden, consider finding a community garden or hooking up with a small local farm or co-operative.
For more information, please check out our follow up article PART 2 – How 1 MILLION Pounds Of Organic Food Can Be Produced On 3 Acres which goes into further about the Growing Power farms and answers Frequently Asked Questions about the Aquaponics system.
To help you start creating your own Aquaponics garden at home, Wake Up World is offering readers an exclusive offer!
Click the image below for a Wake Up World Only Special Offer
… and create your own Aquaponics system at your home!
Previous articles by Andy Whiteley:
- 16 Foods That’ll Re-Grow from Kitchen Scraps
- PART 2 – How 1 MILLION Pounds Of Organic Food Can Be Produced On 3 Acres
- More Corruption Revealed as NSW Government Pre-Approves Planning Application
- “Esoteric” Content Censorship…. Coming Soon to a Website Near You!!
- Corporations Masquerading as Government in Australia & World Wide
- Australian Government Media Caught In Censorship of Historical Archaeological Findings
- Corporations, Banks and Governments Lawfully Foreclosed for Operating Slavery & Private Money Systems
- The One People’s Public Trust (OPPT): Your Frequently Asked Questions… Answered
- If We Are Truly Sovereign Beings, Why Do We Ask For Permission?
- GE Spokesperson Speaks to Wake Up World About Fukushima Nuclear Disaster (with Ethan Indigo Smith)
- The Legacy of Goolabeen, the Last Fully Initiated Female Elder of the Darkinoong
- Original Elder Arrested in Parliament as Constitutional Challenge Gathers
About the author:
Andy Whiteley is a former corporate manager turned writer, editor and co-founder of Wake Up World. An advocate of peaceful revolution, Andy believes we are on a necessary path (albeit bumpy) to a renewed social model grounded in love, transparency, individuality, sustainability and spirit. Through his role at Wake Up World, he hopes to have a positive influence on that transition.
Andy lives in the NSW Central Coast region (Australia) with his partner of 13 years, WuW co-founder Ryan Mullins, and spends his (scarce) free time keeping fit and enjoying the beautiful nature reserves that sit, undisturbed, at their back door.
“Wake Up World, it’s Time to Rise and Shine!”