Contributing Writers for Wake Up World
There are six minerals that are considered non-essential toxic minerals. These are aluminum, mercury, cadmium, silver, gold and lead. Exposure to lead, which is considered a heavy metal, is almost impossible to avoid in an urban society. Among the most common exposures to lead are inhaling exhaust fumes, cigarette smoke and industrial airborne pollutants, paint in homes built prior to 1978, and unfiltered tap water. How can you tell if you are suffering from lead toxicity? If you are, what can you do to detoxify lead from your body?
Possible signs of lead toxicity include:
Impotence or infertility, metallic taste in mouth, confusion, anemia, constipation, hand tremors, seizures, gastrointestinal colic, chronic fatigue, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, muscle weakness, blue gums, kidney/heart/liver or nervous system damage/failure,excitability and anxiety/irritability.
Lead toxicity can cause hypertension, infertility, constipation, anaemia and/or hyperactivity in children and adults. If you suspect that you are suffering from lead toxicity, it is vitally important for you to consult with your physician and seek the appropriate testing.
Once lead toxicity has been confirmed, there are various things you can do to detoxify it from your system.
Here are five recommendations:
1. Increase your dietary calcium intake. Calcium and lead compete for absorption in the intestine. Therefore, if the diet contains adequate calcium, ingested lead will pass through the gastro-intestinal tract and be excreted from the body.
2. Invest in a Vitamin C with bioflavonoids supplement. This helps to neutralize the effects of lead in the body.
3. Infrared sauna therapy has a deeply detoxifying effect on the body. Infrared saunas are becoming widely recognized for their detoxification benefits. They can be found in healing centers, spas, fitness centres, etc.
4. Bentonite Clay is an excellent substance to help pull heavy metals out of your body. Once ingested, the clay binds to the positive oriented molecules (in this case the lead) and pulls them out of the body through waste elimination. Since clay is negatively charged, the positively charged molecules are instantly attracted to it. This has proved to be a very effective way to eliminate other waste products from the body. Essentially, Native tribes, and some birds and animals have been ingesting clay for many centuries.
5. Chlorophyll is a great substance to help chelate heavy metals out of your body. Foods like cilantro, chlorella, spirulina, and wheat grass are all excellent food to help boost the nutrient content in the blood in an effort to provide the body with the appropriate tools to flush harmful substances out.
When determining whether or not you have lead toxicity, always tune into your body. More often than not, your intuition will guide you down the right path. Use the recommendations to help clean your body out, however, always consult with a health professional for the best approach.
About the Authors
Jordan & Kyla are passionate about health; together, they have overcome many illnesses through dietary and lifestyle changes, and the art of practicing a positive mindset daily. Kyla is currently studying to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Reiki Master, and Jordan is currently learning about traditional North American medicinal herbs, in hopes of becoming a Certified Herbalist. For more information, please visit the following sites; guidinginstincts.com, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Pinterest
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Wake Up World or its staff.