Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
We have all been concerned about the implications of Genetically Modified (GM) foods. And one company that has received much controversy is Monsanto; established in 1901 in St. Louis, Missouri.
Their involvement in countless controversial endeavors is nothing short than an attack on humanity!
As a refresher, let’s briefly take a look at some of Monsanto’s accomplishments.
- Artificial Food Substitutes such as Saccharin (artificial sweetener) – blamed for many health issues including cancer.
- Polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) – One of the Greatest Pollutants to Air, Water, and Soil, partially banned in 1973 due to serious health complications including cancer.
- Dayton Project & Manhattan Project – The development of Atomic and Nuclear Weapons
- Partnered with Bayer – a chemical and pharmaceutical company
- Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) – Widely used Insecticidal, later banned in 1972 due to serious health complications including cancer as well as the near extinction of many birds including the Bald Eagle.
- Herbicide Orange (Better Known as Agent Orange) – Used during the Vietnam War, nearly 1,000,000 people were either killed or permanently damaged by its use (including US soldiers). Reportedly over 4.5 million people were exposed, and an estimated 500,000 children were later born with defects. Today, health problems continue to persist due to environmental changes resulting from the extensive use of Agent Orange.
- First to develop the Genetically Modified Plant in 1982
- Bought G.D. Searle & Company (Searle) – a pharmaceutical company which focuses on agriculture and life sciences.
The following mergers of Pharmaceutical companies is enough to make your head spin. It’s amazingly complicated and interestingly intertwined!
Instead of paraphrasing, I thought it best for you to read it for yourself straight from Pfizer’s website (The world’s largest research-based pharmaceutical company)
“In the United States, Pharmacia traces its roots back to 1886. It was then that W.E. Upjohn, M.D., established The Upjohn Pill and Granule Company of Kalamazoo, Michigan, (USA). The company continued its growth throughout the 19th century, eventually evolving into an innovative, international company. Two years later, the Searle and Hereth Co. was formed by a young druggist named Gideon Daniel Searle, as an innovative company developing many “firsts.” These firsts include the first bulk laxative, the first motion sickness drug, the first oral contraceptive, the first once-a-day calcium channel blocker for the treatment of hypertension, and many other innovative products. Likewise, Searle discovered and introduced aspartame, a hugely successful sugar substitute.
The Searle and Hereth Co. was incorporated in 1908 as G.D. Searle and Co. in Chicago, and in 1985, became the pharmaceutical unit of Monsanto.
In 1995, Pharmacia & Upjohn was formed through the merger of Pharmacia AB and The Upjohn Company. Pharmacia & Upjohn became a global provider of human health care products, animal health products, diagnostics and specialty products. In 1998, Pharmacia & Upjohn relocated its global headquarters from the United Kingdom to the United States.
In April 2000, Pharmacia & Upjohn completed a merger with Monsanto and Searle creating Pharmacia, a dynamic new competitor in the pharmaceutical industry. This top-tier company’s innovative medicines and other products saved the lives of many and enhanced health and wellness. Following the merger, Pharmacia continued Searle’s agreement with Pfizer to co-promote Celebrex, which was originally co-developed by Searle and Pfizer.
In August 2002, Pharmacia completed the spin-off of its agricultural subsidiary, Monsanto Company.”
Whew! And guess who is the common denominator? Monsanto!
Continuing with Monsanto’s dirty laundry list:
- Developed Celebrex – a controversial drug involved in many years of litigation (as well as a brief recall) due to extensive reported health damages – including deaths. As of 2010, Celebrex has made over 35 billion in profits.
- Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH) – A synthetic hormone injected into cows to increase milk production. rBGH is controversial due to health implications of cattle and an increased need for antibiotics resulting in new resistant bacterial strains. Though the U.S. does not believe there are health implications to humans, other countries have linked an increase of cancer due to synthetic hormones. The following countries ban the use of rBGH, rBST (Recombinant Bovine Somatotropin) as well as other synthetic (and “natural”) hormones in cattle:
- All 28 Countries of the European Union
- New Zealand
- Purchased DEKALB Genetics Corporation – Largest distributor of genetically modified agricultural seeds, with corn at the top of the list.
- Joint collaboration with Badische Anilin- und Soda-Fabrik (BASF) – a chemical company now working with Monsanto in the development of Biotechnology (Better known as Genetically Modified Foods)
Announced on August 28, 2012 Monsanto and Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. formed a “Strategic Alliance”. Why strategic? Together they intend to “… advance biological technologies in the field of agriculture…”
“The new alliance brings Alnylam’s broad RNAi-based intellectual property (IP) and proprietary technologies to Monsanto’s new BioDirectâ„¢ technology, which aims to deliver innovative biological solutions for farmers.”
So they are going to bring solutions for farmers? Well, that’s what they want you to believe…
Let’s take a look at what “RNAi-based intellectual property” actually is. Better known as RNAi therapeutics – here is the explanation in the words of Alnylam:
“RNAi (RNA interference) is a revolution in biology, representing a breakthrough in understanding how genes are turned on and off in cells, and a completely new approach to drug discovery and development.
RNAi is a natural process of gene silencing that occurs in organisms ranging from plants to mammals. By harnessing the natural biological process of RNAi occurring in our cells, the creation of a major new class of medicines, known as RNAi therapeutics, is on the horizon.”
Now based on everything so far, an obvious pattern emerges leading to an undeniable outcome:
Synthetic Food + Pharmaceuticals + Genetically Modified Foods & Organisms + RNAi Therapeutics = Pharmaceutically Enhanced Food
But wait…it gets even better!
“The FDA Office of Orphan Products Development (OOPD) mission is to advance the evaluation and development of products (drugs, biologics, devices, or medical foods) that demonstrate promise for the diagnosis and/or treatment of rare diseases or conditions.”
Isn’t this getting more and more concerning? Especially when we still don’t know the long term effect of GM foods, of record breaking prescriptions of pharmaceutical drugs, and of the thousands of pollutants in the air, water, and soil on our health!
… Or do we?
Something is indeed wrong here when health conditions such as: cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and autoimmune are on an increase along with new conditions created every year despite all the pharmaceutical and artificial food enhancements.
Isn’t it obvious that this system isn’t’ working?
But something is working isn’t it? Profit, control and power!
What kind of world will it be when any type of drug can be genetically spliced into the structure of our food?
There are steps begin taken here that may not be able to be undone… and the implications for humanity are unimaginably terrifying!
- Alnylam and Monsanto Form Strategic Alliance
- Alnylam Receives Orphan Drug Designation from U.S. Food & Drug Administration for ALN-TTR02, an RNAi Therapeutic …
- Orphan Drug Designation
- 2003: Pfizer and Pharmacia Merger
- Monsanto: a history
- Timeline History of Monsanto Company: Reuters
- Monsanto – SourceWatch
- BASF – The Chemical Company
- DEKALB Genetics Corporation
- RNAi Therapeutics: Principles, Prospects and Challenges
- BioDirectâ„¢ Technology: An Agricultural Biological Platform
- USDA & FDA Approved Beef Still Banned in Other Countries
- Carcinogenicity of saccharin
- Saccharin Still Poses Cancer Risk, Scientists Tell Federal Agency
About the author:
Dr. Michelle Kmiec is a licensed chiropractor who also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology. She is life-long athlete who after curing herself 100% naturally from autoimmune neurological symptoms and anxiety, became an avid nutrition health researcher/promoter, author of Healthcare Freedom Revolution: Exposing the Lies, Deceit and Greed of the Medical Profession, and Founder of the website Online Holistic Health. You can follow Online Holistic Health on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.