By Morgan Potts
Guest Writer for Wake Up World
Where would the beauty of spring be without the chills of fall and frost of winter? It’s all necessary, and it’s all connected. We, as humans have seasons too. All beings do.
During times of transition it’s important to remember these things, and be present with your thoughts and intentions.
With the change of the seasons, we step into a whole new energy, and we are lucky to have the soft transitions of spring and fall to comfort us into them. Each season is different with different purposes and different vibrations. Yes… each season has it’s own energy to help us accomplish exactly what is meant to be done during these times. Nature always provides us with exactly what we need in just the right moments. Don’t you agree?
To feel the transition fully, it’s important to nourish, strengthen and transition the body gently into this new weather and vibration. One of my all time favorite immune builders is Ayurvedic ear oil, which you can easily make at home in just a few minutes.
The first time I heard about ear oil was in a lecture by John Douillard, an awesome Ayurvedic practitioner, during my time at the Integrative Nutrition school. And it’s one of those lectures I feel super blessed to have heard, and will remember forever!
Using ear oil strengthens the immune system and keeps your lymphs and sinuses moist and nourished. This helps prevent colds, infections and allergies. And just as powerful as the nourishing oil, are the immune building, anti inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral benefits of garlic give an added punch.
You can buy ear oil in the health food store, but it’s super easy to make at home, and will save you some serious dough! And I, of course, will show you how! Many people swear by this oil for keeping them healthy all year long, and their kids, too! Now THAT’S definitely something worth experimenting with.
Ayurvedic Ear Oil Recipe
What you’ll need:
1/3 cup organic virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic – chopped
– Throw the oil and chopped garlic into a pot and bring it to a simmer.
– Let the oil bubble and pop to release all the liquid. Press the garlic with a fork to help it release. It’s done when the oil doesn’t pop anymore, it should take about 5 minutes.
– Once your garlic oil is done cooking, let it cool, and then strain to separate it from the garlic.
– Lastly, pour the strained liquid into an eyedropper bottle or old tincture glass.
Using your ear oil:
– Before using ear oil, always run the bottle under hot water to warm the oil. This makes the experience quite soothing.
– Drop in enough oil to fill one ear and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Now tilt the head and allow the oil to drain out, and do the other side for another 5 minutes.
It’s a good idea to start doing this once every few weeks to keep your ears clear and your immune system strong. If you’re already sick, fill your ears once every hour, until your symptoms go away, you will feel better so quickly.
I also recommend getting your body outside as much as possible. Fully feel the air and the moisture, the smell of the earth. Make sure your body is just as aware of the season’s changing vibes as you are. This prevents us from getting sick, or experiencing “shock” or confusion about the physical and emotional changes that can come with the seasonal transition.
What messages has the change in season sent you so far?
Previous articles by Morgan:
- Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway
- A Divine Recipe! Pomegranate Breakfast with Cashew Creme and Cacao
- Eating for a Higher Vibration: Foods to Expand your Consciousness
- Potty Talk: Why You Should Squat for Better Digestive Health
- 7 Ways to Remove Negative Energy and Increase the Good Vibes in Your Home
- The Subconscious Storybook: The Benefits of Writing Down Your Dreams
- Make Your Own Healthy Indian Rice Pudding in a Few Simple Steps
- Eating for a Higher Vibration: More Foods to Expand Your Consciousness (plus ‘Wild Flower’ Smoothie Recipe)
- 7 More Ways to Remove Negative Energy and Increase the Good Vibes in Your Home
- 3 Simple Ways to Feel Less Stressed Today
About the author:
Morgan Potts is a holistic health coach working with women from around the world who want to live a life more sacred and satisfying. Her passion is to fill life with ritual and connection, bringing wonder, magic and excitement to each moment. Morgan believes when we feel aligned we feel connected, we feel sacred, we are the divine feminine — and we can truly nurture our desires. The relationship between the moon’s phases and women’s natural cycles is a main focus.
Morgan works with women online through her one-on-one coaching programs, and also leads the Facebook group Moonblush Sacred. Both are aimed at reconnecting with the feminine flow, and understanding how to live a life more rich and nourishing to our bodies. If this subject fascinates you, and is something you want to connect with, join her Facebook group and or Facebook Page where all things sacred and feminine are discussed! Morgan also leads monthly women’s gatherings on the evening of the new moon, in Rochester NY.
Connect with Morgan online!