By Varya Kapran
Guest Writer for Wake Up World
This has to be one of the simplest dessert recipes ever!
These flourless double-chocolate cookies are fudgy and rather addictive, so if you are making a batch, be sure to invite some family and friends over to share the love.
Flourless Double-Choc Cookies
Time: 15 minutes + 2 hours cooling
Yield: 20 cookies
1 cup coconut sap sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp organic coconut oil
3 free range eggs
1 tsp organic vanilla bean (or approx 1.5 tsp vanilla extract)
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup small dark chocolate chips (soy/dairy free)
*Always use organic ingredients whenever you can.
1. Preheat oven to 350’F
2. Mix cocoa, coconut sap, baking soda, and vanilla.
3. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl, and then add to dry ingredients. Mix using a spoon until batter reaches a thick chocolate syrup like consistency.
4. Melt coconut oil on the stove, and add to batter, mixing thoroughly.
5. Mix in chocolate chips.
6. Like 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and using 1 heaping tsp-full at a time, ladle the batter onto the sheet carefully. The cookies will spread a bit while baking, so be sure to leave plenty of space in between.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 10 min. Remove, let cool and then tranfer to the fridge for a min of 2 hours – the longer these stay in the fridge, the tastier they will be. (Be patient!)
8. Enjoy with a cup of home made hot chocolate or coffee.
Previous articles by Varya:
About the author:
Varya Kapran is a wellness coach whose mission is to help people reconnect with their bodies through nutrition, herbalism, movement, and neural re-education. She works with clients worldwide supporting them in their goals through a combination of cutting edge research, alternative therapies, and other techniques. Her website, varya.ca provides resources, care, coaching, and community for those who wish to improve their quality of life.