13th August 2014
Guest Writer for Wake Up World
Despite the vast number of scientific studies and individual reports of serious side effects following the use of genetically-modified livestock feed, regulatory authorities and agricultural Big Business continue to allow potentially hazardous crops into circulation.
First-Hand Effects of Genetically-Modified Organisms
In this must-see video, Jerry Rosman, formerly a successful swine and cattle farmer and long-time proponent of GMO farming practices, talks about what happened to his pigs after they were fed one particularly disturbing variety of genetically-modified corn. All said and done, a single crop of corn left his pigs not only unable to reproduce, but stricken with a bizarre sort of pseudo-pregnancy which externally mimicked the appearance of normal gestation but resulted in pigs either reabsorbing their unborn offspring or delivering nothing more than an empty “bag of water.”
In a single year, the financial toll this loss took on Mr. Rosman was enough to force him into declaring bankruptcy.
Mr. Rosman’s experience isn’t unique. A number of genetically-modified crops — corn and soybeans in particular — are known to have side effects that are believed to stem from changes made to naturally-occurring estrogen-like compounds normally found in the plants. These compounds, scientifically referred to as phytoestrogens, resemble the estrogen in mammals so closely that it has the potential to interfere with normal reproductive cycles.
The Real Impact of GMOs
Regardless of the evidence brought forth by Mr. Rosman, the real question still remains: what kind of impact do modified crops have on the humans who consume them? Additionally, what long-term side effects stem from eating food products made directly from GMO plants? It makes for an unshakeable reminder that eating all natural and organic foods is one of the most important steps you can take to protect your overall health and well being. When it comes to the stuff we put into our bodies, there really isn’t a whole lot of room for perfecting nature.
Video: Farmer feeds GMO corn to his pigs: they all become sterile
-Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
- Dr. Stanley WB Ewen, Arpad Pusztai, PhD. Effect of diets containing genetically modified potatoes expressing Galanthus nivalis lectin on rat small intestine. The Lancet, Volume 354, Issue 9187, Pages 1353-1354, 16 October 1999.
- Sharma R, Damgaard D, Alexander TW, Dugan ME, Aalhus JL, Stanford K, McAllister TA. Detection of transgenic and endogenous plant DNA in digesta and tissues of sheep and pigs fed Roundup Ready canola meal. J Agric Food Chem. 2006 March 8;54(5):1699-709.
- Seralini GE, Cellier D, de Vendomois JS. New analysis of a rat feeding study with a genetically modified maize reveals signs of hepatorenal toxicity. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2007 May;52(4):596-602.
- Brett Wessler. Iowa livestock producer claims operation lost due to GMO corn. Drovers Cattle Network. December 3, 2012.
Previous articles by Dr. Group:
- 8 Shocking Health Effects from the Fukushima Disaster
- Ten Shocking Facts about Mercury Amalgam
- 10 Shocking Facts about the Health Dangers of Wi-Fi
- The 9 Best Herbs for Lung Cleansing and Respiratory Support
- 7 Best Foods to Support Kidney Function
- How to Flush the Liver
- Lung Cleansing With Peppermint Oil
- The Benefits of Organic Hemp Milk + How to Make Your Own
- What is Azodicarbonamide? 9 Facts About This Dangerous Food Additive
- 8 Must-Know Facts About Fukushima Nuclear Radiation
- Nine Shocking Dangers of Fluoride Exposure
- 10 Natural Remedies for Kidney Stones
- 12 Shocking Facts About the Dangers of Psychiatric Drugs
- Seven Facts You May Not Know About Coconut Oil
About the author:
Dr. Edward F. Group (DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM) founded Global Healing Center in 1998 and is currently the Chief Executive Officer. Heading up the research and development team, Dr. Group assumes a hands-on approach in producing new and advanced degenerative disease products and information.
Dr. Group has studied natural healing methods for over 20 years and now teaches individuals and practitioners all around the world. He no longer sees patients but solely concentrates on spreading the word of health and wellness to the global community. Under his leadership, Global Healing Center, Inc. has earned recognition as one of the largest alternative, natural and organic health resources on the internet.