Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
I am often asked about healthy breakfast options…
Most of the time, I enjoy fresh fruit or a smoothie in the morning, although there are days when fruit just doesn’t cut it. When deciding on what to eat for breakfast I want to make sure that every morsel is healthful, nutritious and of course, delicious. This is where my Quinoa Breakfast Bowl works a real treat…
It’s the perfect, cooked, gluten-free, dairy-free morning meal. It leaves me feeling vibrant, light and alive as well as pleasantly nourished and satiated. It’s ideal for occasions where regular porridge would just be too heavy (I always find regular porridge a bit too heavy for my sensitive system, so I tend to avoid it altogether).
Use fair trade organic quinoa and a good quality organic coconut milk for the best results.
Trinity’s Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Serves: 1 person
Cooking time: 25 minutes
50g ( ½ cup approx) quinoa
200ml ( ¾ cup approx) coconut milk
50ml (about a ¼ cup) water
5 pitted dates
Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
Fresh berries (optional)
1. Rinse quinoa thoroughly a using an extra fine sieve. This removes any of the natural soapy, saponins that sometimes coat quinoa.
2. Chop dates into small pieces and then add all ingredients to a pan (leaving out the cinnamon or berries, which will be added once served).
3. Bring pan to the boil and simmer on a low heat for 25 minutes (or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid). Stir once in a while with a wooden spoon. The dates should slowly fall apart melting into the pan to create a delicious sweetness. If the dates are particularly tough, then encourage the breaking down process by pressing them down with your spoon.
4. Once cooked enjoy your quinoa bowl served hot or cold, adding a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or a small handful of fresh berries.
From my heart to yours,
More articles by Trinity Bourne:
- Top Tips for Making Deliciously Healthy Salads
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Recipe (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- The Health Benefits of Beetroot – Recipes Included
- Chickpea & Mushroom Burger Recipe (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Global Animal Industries – the Ghosts in Our Machine
- All About Avocados – Health Benefits, Tips and Recipes
- Foraging Guide – with 12 Nutritious Wild Plants That Anyone Can Find
- Keeping Slugs & Snails Off Your Veggies – Compassionately
- The Benefits of Lemon Balm – a Must in Any Garden
- Chocolate Paradise Coconut Bar Recipe – Vegan, Raw, Absolutely Delicious!
- Rosemary’s Amazing Health Benefits
About the author:
Understanding that the energy of our food directly impacts sentient life on all levels, Trinity founded Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen, a website devoted to inspiring the soul through conscious vegan cuisine. She is the co-founder of the Openhand Foundation, an organisation dedicated to the evolution of humankind. She works as the divine complement to her soul mate Open to help facilitate the global Ascension process and feels incredibly blessed to be of divine service.
For more conscious recipe ideas, pick up Trinity’s book Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen.