11th December 2014
Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
The festive season has an incredible reputation for encouraging less-than-healthy eating. Yet, with a little extra care and consideration we can still enjoy super-healthy celebrations, whilst knowing that every morsel that we eat and share with family and friends can be filled with health affirming goodness.
I’ve enjoyed eating healthful foods for years and would choose wholesome plant-based delights any day of the year. Learning to create very satiating recipes has shown me that eating this way is so alive, so vibrant and can play an important role in keeping us healthy and fit. Now, I couldn’t imagine any other way.
In the spirit of healthy festive indulgence, today I am sharing my latest, delicious sweet treat — my dairy-free, gluten-free Fruit n’ Nut Christmas Truffles.
Using dried fruit and mixed warming spices, it has an nurturing, seasonal flavour. They’re remarkably easy to make, don’t require baking, and they are gluten-free, dairy-free, and also free from refined sugar.
Avoiding all these things opens up a whole new world of delicious possibilities. I use dried fruit and orange to sweeten, along with nutritious nuts, seeds and coconut to add substance, flavour and a fudge-like depth. The warming mixed spices dance and entwine to create a soft, wholesome bite of seasonal bliss.
Here are those delicious ingredients…
Now please watch my short video demo below for a step-by-step guide on how to make them.
What better gift to give yourself and others this Christmas season! This recipe is my gift to you.
Trinity’s Fruit n’ Nut Christmas Truffles
From my heart to yours
More articles by Trinity Bourne:
- Trinity’s Carob and Coconut Cake Recipe (Gluten Free, Sugar Free & Vegan)
- Top Tips for Making Deliciously Healthy Salads
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Recipe (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- The Health Benefits of Beetroot – Recipes Included
- Chickpea & Mushroom Burger Recipe (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Global Animal Industries – the Ghosts in Our Machine
- All About Avocados – Health Benefits, Tips and Recipes
- Foraging Guide – with 12 Nutritious Wild Plants That Anyone Can Find
- Keeping Slugs & Snails Off Your Veggies – Compassionately
- The Benefits of Lemon Balm – a Must in Any Garden
- Chocolate Paradise Coconut Bar Recipe – Vegan, Raw, Absolutely Delicious!
- Rosemary’s Amazing Health Benefits
- The Superfood Health Benefits of Celery (with Recipes!)
About the author:
Around 18 years ago, during a profound spiritual awakening, the world around her shattered. She became engulfed in a white, universal, timeless, formless light until nothing else existed – other than the nameless truth at the core of all sentient beings. During this life-changing experience Trinity experienced the soul of all other sentient beings, trees, creatures, people as one pulsating energy. Transcending her into a higher realm of unity and oneness, this experience imparted a divine energy that she has been sharing through spiritual work ever since.
Understanding that the energy of our food directly impacts sentient life on all levels, Trinity founded Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen, a website devoted to inspiring the soul through conscious vegan cuisine. She is the co-founder of the Openhand Foundation, an organisation dedicated to the evolution of humankind. She works as the divine complement to her soul mate Open to help facilitate the global ascension process and feels incredibly blessed to be of divine service.