By Gavin Bragg
Guest Writer for Wake Up World
Healthy Home-Made Chocolate in Under 10 Minutes
This home made coconut oil, raw cacao and zeolite chocolate is my favourite treat right now. Made with a thyroid-supporting combination of coconut oil and zeolite, it’s quick and easy (a must), satisfies my sweet tooth and passes the ‘healthy eating’ test all at the same time.
Rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, Cacao is a known mood elevator. Coconut oil is unique among oils in that it stimulates metabolism, and functions as an antioxidant. Zeolite has been used in traditional medicine throughout Asia for centuries, and is known for its ability to detoxify the body and support its natural state of PH balance. Together, with a little something sweet, they make a healthy and delicious dairy-free dessert in under 10 minutes.
I like to use my cacao zeolite mix in a hot chocolate as well. All you need to do is heat some rice milk or almond milk and add a piece of your home-made chocolate to the cup. A delicious treat!
Coconut Cacao & Zeolite Chocolate Recipe
– 1/4 to 3/4 cup of organic Coconut Oil (depending on whether you like your chocolate hard or soft)
– 3 to 4 tbsp of organic, fair-trade Cacao Powder
– 4 tbsp of organic Coconut Milk
– 30 to 40 drops of Zeolite (I recommend NCD2 Liquid Zeolite)
– A dash of Vanilla Bean Extract
– 1 to 3 tbsp of organic Coconut Sugar (or your own sweetener to taste)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. You may need to heat the bowl with some hot water or steam if you live in a colder climate as the coconut oil will need to be liquid in order to mix.
Pour the mixture into small bite size moulds (ice trays work perfectly) and put into the fridge to cool.
Or if you’re feeling you just can’t wait, put them into the freezer for 5 minutes and they should be ready. Then transfer what you don’t eat the fridge.
All About Cacao, Coconut Oil and Zeolite
Raw Cacao Chocolate is super delicious, and at one stage, was even used as a form of money by the Mayans and Aztecs. This recipe is the easiest chocolate you will ever make, and has one of the highest ORAC Antioxidant Value in the world (reference).
The main ingredient, raw Cacao has the highest traditional Antioxidant value of any food, with an ORAC value of 95,500 per 100g measured by Brunswick labs. That’s 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries. It also contains in excess of 300 chemically distinct compounds making it the most complex of all foods.
It is the highest source of magnesium (the relaxer mineral) of any whole food. It is important to note that magnesium is the most deficient mineral in the Western diet. Raw cacao is also high in Sulphur, Potassium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Copper, manganese, folate, Vitamins B6, K, and E, and is the highest plant based source of Iron at 7.3mg per 100g (Beef is 2.5mg) and has more calcium than cow’s milk!
Cacao is also an anti-depressant and mood elevator thanks to its bliss chemicals: Serotonin, Dopamine, Anandamide and Phenylethamine. These natural chemicals make you feel all warm and fuzzy, and are the same chemicals we feel when we are in love, and can even help with weight loss.
Adding a micronised and activated Zeolite to this recipe greatly boosts its antioxidant value. Zeolite isn’t like traditional antioxidants that have a spare electron that is given to the free radical in order to neutralise it. Because of its electrical charge, Zeolite will actually absorb free radicals and remove them from the body. In this way, it works in harmony with other traditional antioxidants.
There was a raw chocolate product (that is sadly no longer available) that contained NCD Zeolite and raw cacao that had an ORAC (antioxidant) value that was simply incredible, at 465,100 per 100g, measured by Brunswick Labs. (Keep in mind that raw cacao on its own has the highest known ORAC value of any whole food at 95,500.)
Often used in radioactive waste disposal, Zeolite is well known by science to absorb, neutralise and remove heavy metals, and does it without removing good nutrition. In fact, research shows that nutrient levels increase over time as zeolite removes the toxins that inhibit nutrient absorption, improving the body’s elimination function. Zeolite also stabilises pH by absorbing excess protons, absorbs nitrosamines, helps to balance blood sugar, and reduces allergy symptoms by absorbing antigens and allergens.
Coconut oil is what make this chocolate hard, as coconut oil solidifies at around 25 °C Or 77 °F. The amount you use will determine if it is a firm chocolate or more of a delicious fudge.
The benefits of coconut oil are well documented and it has hundreds of uses from skin care to hair treatments, healing the digestive system and even helping with Alzheimers. The medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil don’t get stored as fat, they get metabolised by the liver and converted to a great energy source for the brain and muscles. Coconut oil also reduces weight gain, can help with IBS, candida and other gut parasites, reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, has antibacterial, anti fungal and anti viral properties helping to boost the immune system, along with many other benefits.
When it comes to adding a little sweet to my recipes, I personally like to use pure organic coconut sugar, particularly as it is low GI. Coconut sugar is mineral rich, containing twice the iron, four times the magnesium and over ten times the Zinc than cane sugar. It also has a delicious caramel flavour to it. It is also considered the most sustainable of all sweeteners, producing 50-70% more sugar per acre than cane sugar, and like coconut oil is almost always organic.
If you don’t have any coconut sugar in your cupboard or local supermarket, you can also use other great low GI sweeteners like organic agave, maple syrup, raw honey or brown rice syrup.
- Zeolites, Peter B. Leavens, No Date Given http://www.chemistryexplained.com/Va-Z/Zeolites
- DebMandal M, Mandal S. Coconut (Cocos nucifera L.: Arecaceae): in health promotion and disease prevention. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2011 Mar;4(3):241-7. doi: 10.1016/S1995-7645(11)60078-3. Epub 2011 Apr 12.
- Cacao: 5 Little Known Benefits of This Amazonian Superfood www.begoodorganics.com June 07, 2013 by Buffy Gill
- Chava Vital Chocolate FAQ www.waiora.com/media/product_pdf/chv_faq_usEN.pdf
- How to Help Your Thyroid with Virgin Coconut Oil- Copyright 2003 Cherie Calbom and Tropical Traditions
- Raw cacao vs cocoa www.nourishmylife.wordpress.com April 24, 2013
- 10 facts about coconut oil www.bodyandsoul.com.au by Michele Chevalley Hedge
- Chernobyl: The Facts What You Need to Know Almost 20 Years After the Disaster – http://www.chernobyl-international.org/documents/chernobylfacts2.pdf
Previous articles by Gavin Bragg:
- No Flu for You! Natural Ways to Stay Free from Flu this Winter
- Medicinal Mushrooms – Ancient Knowledge, Modern Healing
- Coconut Oil & Zeolite: the Radiation Detox for Optimum Thyroid Health
- Perfect pH: the Simple Way to Optimal Health
- Remove Toxic Heavy Metals from Your Body in Less Than 7 Hours
- Pure Liquid Zeolite: the Natural Detoxifier
- How to Naturally Remove Radioactive Particles from Your Body in 5-7 Hours
About the author:
In late 2007, Gavin’s wife Ashley was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour. Western doctors told Ashely her condition was ”terminal” and told her to say her good-bye’s. But Gavin and Ashley “turned East” for their answer to cancer, and discovered the healing properties of a mineral compound, zeolite, commonly used in eastern medicine. Much to the confusion of Western doctors, Ashley treated herself with liquid zeolite and has been clear of cancer for over 5 years, regaining her health and control of her life.
Given purpose by this “second chance”, Gavin and Ashley have become distributors for NCD2 Pure Liquid Zeolite, the product Ashley credits with saving her life. Gavin and Ashley are on a mission to spread the word about natural health alternatives, and hope that natural treatments like zeolite will soon replace the dangerous, ineffective pharmaceuticals that flood the so-called “health care” industry. Visit PureLiquidZeolite.com for information, testimonials, research and more.