Contributing writer for Wake Up World
Truth and Formality
Perhaps Japan is the starkest example of a society that prefers to adhere to formality rather than address the truth. It is a country of valued tradition, a place where the traditions of seppuku and kamikaze originated. And it is also the nation where the biggest nuclear disasters ever took place.
The cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed and an unknown number people, approaching 200,000, were atomitized, hundreds of thousands more died subsequently. The cities were paved over and rebuilt, the concrete reducing the lingering effects of radiation. And more recently the ongoing catastrophe in Fukushima began.
However the traditional eating of the perfect Fukushima prefecture peaches continues.
Formality supersedes everything in a country like Japan, and in any oligarchical institution. Most all nations are oligarchical to some degree or another, and all nuclear nations are oligarchical in the most extreme of ways, risking all life and land on behalf of the profit and the power of a few. Nuclear nations concurrently lie in the most extreme manner as well. Oligarchical lies become official and infest the collective mindset through every means available, not the least of which is government controlled media.
Anyone who has ever heard a political address, witnessed court proceedings understands or read a corporate statement with an informed perspective knows that formality supersedes truth, within and without of the institution. But truth always supersedes formality in reality.
Past the Party Line
The fact is that the nuclear experimentation industry has always lied.
The main long term lie is that nuclear experimentation is a predictable, safe source of inexpensive energy.
The truth is that nuclear is the most dangerous undertaking man has ever initiated.
The truth is it’s the most expensive and dangerous source of energy.
But the truth – reality – always supersedes the formality of institutions. That was certainly the case when I interviewed General Electric spokesperson Christopher White about GE’s role in the Fukushima meltdown.
Sometimes the lies are so thick that the truth is ridiculed. But in the long run, reality always makes its way into the institutional façade somehow. For example, Tokyo, the most populous city in the world, is thickly coated by nuclear meltdown particulate, the truth of which cannot be hidden under the lies of institutions for long.
The lies and formality – from TEPCO specifically and from the nuclear experimentation industry as a whole – relating to the ongoing disaster at Fukushima have gone something like this:
There is no problem. There is a problem. There has been a minor leak. There have been no meltdowns. There may have been a partial meltdown. There may have been a meltdown. There were multiple meltdowns. There were multiple melt-throughs. The cores are gone. The cores have penetrated the water table. The radioactive water tanks are full. The fuel pools, each with an endless volcano of fuel, are in unstable buildings in danger of collapse.
In reality, the Pacific Ocean is being polluted to the point of total alteration, and this radioactive pollution is likely to continue for the next some couple of hundred years, the effects of which will last for hundreds of thousands of years. The region of Japan is FUBAR . The Pacific Ocean and the whole planet has changed, undergoing a massive dose of entropy.
Sadly, the Japanese are trained as a society to put all things aside and practice formality. And the results speak for themselves.
The truth is, it’s time to put formality aside. The whole world, not just Japan, needs to address the nuclear experimentation conundrum honestly and with due consideration of humanity’s future. The world needs to wake up! This ongoing disaster cannot be paved over.
The truth needs to be faced.
It is time to forego formality and stop the perpetual war state (both national and mental states) that our nuclear experimentation programs (and propaganda) breed. Whether in the form of weaponry or energy systems, nuclear = fear + death. Like it or not, nuclear experimentation is a war industry; it is part of the military industrial complex. And war, as we know, is the honey-well of government and corporations whose sole technological motivations are profit driven. War is a racket, as war hero Smedley Butler once noted. Moral consideration is nonexistent.
I am a Terra-ist
Terra [Noun]: Earth, land
On our current path, we are killing ourselves and the planet. We need to change our mind states from one of selfishness to sharing, from closed-mindedness to open integration, from competition to compassionate integration. We have got to make a shift from being terrorists, caught up in beliefs and formalities and fighting one another every step of the way, to being terra-ists — promoting the wellbeing of Mother Earth and all living beings on the planet.
I am a terraist.
I used to think the most dangerous human activity was nuclear experimentation, but it is just a symptom of a greater problem – the problem of our mind state. We have to shift our mentality toward seeking the truth, and stop accepting the formalities – the half truths and outright lies – we are fed by institutions.
Allowing the institutional terrorism of our planet is the true danger to humanity.
I am a terraist, a peaceful warrior. Let’s start a little green revolution.
Click here for more articles from Ethan exposing the realities of the nuclear industry, sans the corporate formality and spin.
The Terraist Letters
Introducing Ethan’s controversial book, The Terraist Letters, a work that humorously contrasts the very serious issues of global nuclear experimentation promotion and global marijuana prohibition. It is a funny and provocative political satire which attempts to brings some sanity to the most serious subject matter of nuclear experimentation, in a way that only Ethan can.
“Ethan’s work will titillate, irritate, but most importantly, stimulate some serious thought concerning current conventions. Give it a read. Your brain might thank you.” ~ New York Times Best Selling author, Jim Marrs
The Terraist Letters is available now on Amazon.
Previous articles by Ethan:
- The Great Unsaid: What 1984 Can Teach Us About 2014
- Institutional Thinking – The Matrix, 1984 and The Allegory of The Cave
- A Little Green Revolution: the Rainbow Warriors will Heal the Earth Mother
- Saá¹ƒsÄra and Nirvana – the Ultimate Duality
- We Have Sustainable Energy Technology – the Problem is the Oligarchy
- Why Governments Promote Deadly Nuclear Energy and Ban Beneficial Hemp
- The Brotherhood of Man: a Tibetan Perspective
- The 5 Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation: 108 Movements to a Meditative Mind State
- How to Enhance Intuition: Understanding the Four Forms of Awareness
- Hate: The Ultimate Social Control Mechanism
- UK’s Proposed Ban on Esoteric Knowledge: Why Institutions Seek to Limit Access to Information
- Presence and Mindfulness: the Meditative Value of 108
- Is Nuclear Experimentation Fascism?
- Oligarchical Collectivism and the Four Steps to Learning Politics
- Meditation and Intuition in the Fourth Age of Deception (the Kali Yuga)
About the author:
Author, activist and Tai Chi teacher Ethan Indigo Smith was born on a farm in Maine and lived in Manhattan for a number of years before migrating west to Mendocino, California. Guided by a keen sense of integrity and humanity, Ethan’s work is both deeply connected and extremely insightful, blending philosophy, politics, activism, spirituality, meditation and a unique sense of humour.
The events of September 11, 2001 inspired him to write his first book, The Complete Patriot’s Guide to Oligarchical Collectivism, an insightful exploration of history, philosophy and contemporary politics. His more recent publications include:
- Tibetan Fusion a book of simple meditative practices and movements that can help you access and balance your energy
- The Little Green Book of Revolution an inspirational book based on ideas of peaceful revolution, historical activism and caring for the Earth like Native Americans
- The Matrix of Four, The Philosophy of the Duality of Polarity on the subject of the development of individual consciousness
- 108 Steps to Be in The Zone a set of 108 meditative practices and steps toward self discovery and individual betterment, including techniques to develop balance, transmute sexual energy and better the self
- and the controversial book, Terra-ist Letters, a work that humorously contrasts the very serious issues of global nuclear experimentation promotion and global marijuana prohibition