On October 15th people from all over the world will take to the streets and squares. From America to Asia, from Africa to Europe, people are rising up to claim their rights and demand a true democracy. Now it is time for all of us to join in a global non violent protest. The ruling powers work for the benefit of just a few, ignoring the will of the vast majority and the human and environmental price we all have to pay. This intolerable situation must end. United in one voice, we will let politicians, and the financial elites they serve, know it is up to us, the people, to decide our future. We are not goods in the hands of politicians and bankers who do not represent us. On October 15th, we will meet on the streets to initiate the global change we want. We will peacefully demonstrate, talk and organize until we make it happen. It’s time for us to unite. It’s time for them to listen. 15october.net
Since this global initiative came to light, it reminded me of a Mother Teresa quote – “I was once asked why I don’t participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I’ll be there” I think this quote is perfect for this event. There’s no point in attending any of these demonstrations if you are going to come from a place of fear and negativity, the engergy that this creates is counter productive to what is trying to be achieved. Come from a place of love and peace by spreading your light.
Time to Upgrade the Planet – World Revolution 15th October 2011
[ad code=2 align=center]
From the official organising website of Occupy Wall Street, here are 23 reasons why Americans are attending these demonstrations. (“They” refers to the banking elite)
- They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
- They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
- They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
- They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
- They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices.
- They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.
- They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
- They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
- They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
- They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
- They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
- They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.
- They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
- They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
- They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them.
- They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
- They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit.
- They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
- They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
- They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
- They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.
- They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
- They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts.
Below are just some of the global events that have been planned so far. If your 15th of October event is not in this list, please add it here. Currently there are 282 verified events happening around the world and the list is growing every day. You can track the events via google maps here which have been created by 15october.net
GLOBAL EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=245619575476665
Occupy Canada – https://www.facebook.com/OccupyCanada
Santiago De Chile:
City of Mexico
Pre-Occupation planning – https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=295715553775619
Occupation – https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200962876639610
Angra Do Heroismo:
Santiago De Compostela:
‘Occupy the London Stock Exchange’
‘Block the Westminster Bridge, Block the Bill’ (Sunday 9th October)
If your #15oct event is not in this list, please add it in the map
Please rate this wake up world post using the stars below. Your ratings will provide us a better understanding of topics that are important to our readers.
We also wish to thank everyone for their continued support of Wake Up World