January 5th, 2018
By Fiona Reilly
Guest writer for Wake Up World
There is such liberation and joy in finding one’s own vibration and unleashing it fully in the world. Can you think of a time when you were in touch with and living true to you? A time when you were in your strength and power. What does it feel like? Strong, free, vibrant, playful, joyful, liberating, empowering… these are some of the words that come to mind. Yet for many of us, remaining in touch with our own vibe is a challenge. The world is full of distraction and it’s easy to be pulled out into something other than our own truth and beingness.
In our current world there are so many influences that try to make us like everyone else. Ingrained social conditioning places much emphasis on doing and success is often based on things such as material gain and power. From an early age we are given roles that may not necessarily be in our best interest. We are encouraged to behave well, study hard, find a good job and make lots of money and so forth… Society doesn’t place much value on being, expressing or creativity just for the sake of it. Our own unique expression and vibration is not widely respected.
However, the full expression of our selves is so inspiring, fulfilling and worthwhile. We don’t need others to tell us how to be or what to do, inside we have all our own answers. When we surrender and let go of any external demands, we can find true love and joy. Sometimes there is the temptation to look to the outer world to provide us with solutions and to be a source of our peace and happiness. We may find being true to our own vibe difficult because of insecurities or lack of self worth. We may act in a particular way or compromise our own vibe in order to fit in or feel loved by others. Yet ultimately ease, peace and acceptance needs to come from within. This quote from Mary O Malley’s book “What’s in the Way is the Way” speaks strongly “No love from outside of you will ever fully satisfy you, because the only way to relieve that longing is to know who you truly are.”
Of course, this does not mean we dismiss the outer world, it is also part of us, it can be a very valuable teacher and massive source of inspiration in our lives. What we see in the outer world is a reflection of our inner world, the external offers us a mirror so that we can see ourselves and feel our own vibe more clearly. Have you ever noticed that when we feel love for someone, we feel it inside of ourselves – the love is in us! As the Dalai Lama once said “The ultimate source of happiness is within us”
So what about the pain and suffering that we experience in the world and within us? It can be beneficial to remember that our soul wants to take us into the places where we get tight, so that we can release the tensions and blockages that restrict us. Working through these distortions paradoxically helps us to get to know ourselves better, to evolve and grow. By confronting and working through these difficult places we come back to our own vibe, stronger and more connected. There appears to be a delicate balance between working through our pain and discomfort and living from a place of joy and lightness.
A Unique Expression of The One
We are each a unique expression within the Universe and finding our unique vibration is so vital. It’s easy to be swept along by others or identify with our emotions. We are not our emotions, we may feel sad, though we are not sadness. Particularly for empaths or sensitive people this can be challenging, as they tend to feel the energy and emotions of others within their own field. It can take some awareness and experience to recognize when we are identified with something other than ourselves. We can subtly (sometimes not so subtly) sense what another might want or need and align ourselves with another’s truth rather than our own. This can happen to such an extent that we are no longer aware of our own vibe.
Some of us have an unhealthy need to maintain harmony, even at the expense of our own truth. Others in order to gain a sense of belonging can mesh or combine their energies with that of a group to the extent that they lose connection with themselves. Awareness of this is a massive key, once we become aware of such patterns playing out in our lives, we have a choice. We can continue to compromise ourselves and blend with others or find new ways of connecting with our own vibration and living our truth. We can chose to find our own way in any moment, we each have a unique path as an expression of the Whole. As the great mystic poet Rumi said “It’s your road and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.”
How to Find Your Own Vibration:
Here are some suggestions for ways in which you can attune to your own vibration. Of course each of us is unique and some of these suggestions may resonate and others may not. It is important to explore what feels right for you.
- Watch and notice how you are, what goes on inside of you in the varied situations and circumstances in which you find yourself. Pay particular attention when you are around other people, do you lose your sense of self in particular situations? Become curious about what is happening in your life.
- Find the core of your beingness, it can be really beneficial to breathe down into your belly and feel your power from here (or wherever you feel it inside). It fuels the flames of our fire within.
- Find what brings you joy – spend time doing things that bring lightness and ease. Give yourself permission to play, have a bath, an afternoon nap or whatever else nourishes you. Perhaps leave some time aside each week and take yourself on a date, do something inspiring and nourishing for you, visit an art gallery, go out for dinner… etc
- Do what feels right for you, even if it seems like you may disappoint others or not live up to the expectations of society. Express your truth and honour your boundaries!
- Unleash your creativity — dance, sing, write, paint or create whatever floats your boat so to speak
- Spend time in quiet, meditate or go for walks in nature. It’s great if you can find time to yourself every day.
- Sometimes you may need significant time on your own and it may be right to withdraw from family and friends for a period of time until you find yourself again.
- Accept and embrace the challenges in your life, work with rather than deny or avoid your pain. By clearing your blockages and tension you gain a deeper connection with your true self.
- Notice signs and synchronicites that may be guiding you, the key is to notice how you feel about them inside.
- Get in touch with your gratitude and appreciate the wonder of the world around you.
Here is an inspirational video to encourage you on your journey of tuning into your own vibration and following your heart.
Best wishes in finding your own vibration. May the path of exploration bring you to a place of truth and authenticity, so that you can feel your power and joy. Your vibe rocks!
With love and blessings,
Recommended articles by Fiona Reilly:
- Attuning to the Flow of the Universe
- Maintaining Healthy Boundaries When Being of Service
- The Value of Breathing Consciously
- Trust Your Own Truth
- You Live, You Learn: Finding Freedom Through Life’s Struggles
- Do It Yourself Reflexology to Heal and Invigorate
- Wonder, Magic & Insight – Embracing Curiosity on the Spiritual Journey
About the author:
Fiona is an Active Listening therapist, reflexologist, and experienced doula. She is passionate about living true to her heart and soul and empowering others to do the same. She runs various workshops related to the vibrancy of conscious plant based eating and women’s issues including being childless/free and loves joining women in circle. Her website is www.fionareilly.co.uk or click here for her facebook page – True Living