Guest writer for Wake Up World
Healing is a force of nature.
It’s only natural for us to seek it out.
Just as white blood cells flood to a wound to heal it and a tree releases sap to protect and cover damage and breakage, all of life is oriented to self-nourishment and repair.
We are multi-layered beings living in a complex universe. Without actively taking care of our bodies, hearts, minds, and souls, we become sick.
Perhaps one of the simplest and easiest ways we can call on the healing force within and around us is through meditation.
By stilling the mind (which is the single biggest source of dis-ease), we make space for new energy, new life, and new growth.
Will you come and flourish with me?
Let’s explore together how we can soothe all layers of our being!
Table of contents
- How Do I Meditate?
- Healing Meditation & Spiritual Awakening
- Healing Meditation: 21 Ways to Soothe Your Mind & Body
- Healing Meditation For the Body
- 1. Chronic Pain
- 2. Energy Cleansing
- 3. Self-Love
- 4. Womb Healing
- 5. Full Body Regeneration
- 6. Fatigue, Exhaustion, and Vitality
- Healing Meditation For the Heart
- 1. Ho’oponopono
- 2. Heart Chakra Balancing
- 3. Inner Child Calming
- 4. Heartbreak, Healing, and Closure
- 5. Moving Through Anger and Resentment
- Healing Meditation For the Mind
- 1. Depression Release
- 2. Dissolving Generalized Anxiety
- 3. Grounding For Empaths and Sensitive People
- 4. Mental Detox
- 5. Inner Peace
- Healing Meditation For the Soul
- 1. Gateway to the Soul
- 2. Candle Flame Purification
- 3. Sacred Sound
- 4. Soul Energy Alignment
- 5. Intuition Connection
- Healing Meditation For the Body
How Do I Meditate?
Meditation doesn’t have to be something tricky or intimidating. It’s as simple as closing your eyes and listening to the sounds around you. Many people prefer to just connect with the breath (breathwork). Others favor moving meditation like tai chi, yoga, or dance.
There are many flavors of meditation – and what suits us in one stage of life might not suit us in the next.Choose what you resonate with, and that’s it!
So to begin, just close your eyes (if that feels safe). Whatever helps you to stay in the present moment – and not in the mind – is, by nature, a form of meditation.
Doing your teeth can be a meditation, driving can be a meditation, drinking your tea or coffee can be meditation, walking the dog can be meditation. Find the simple beauty in what you’re doing, in the present moment, and you’ll be meditating effortlessly!
Healing Meditation and Spiritual Awakening
There’s a multicolored smorgasbord of healing meditations out there that cater to nearly every wound, trauma, or issue known to humanity. Incorporating at least one type of healing meditation into your daily routine can quickly become a crucial part of your spiritual awakening journey.
(At the moment I’m favoring meditation mantras.)
We exercise to stay fit and eat vegetables to stay healthy. Why not honor our spiritual well-being too? Let’s stop ignoring the need’s of the Soul – meditation is just as crucial as any other practice that maintains basic health!
Healing Meditation: 21 Ways to Soothe Your Mind and Body
We’ll divide this section into four parts: healing meditations for the body, heart, mind, and Soul.
Contemplate what type of healing you need the most right now – then go to the corresponding section. Alternatively, for holistic spiritual healing, read through all sections.
Notice which healing meditations stick out the most to you. Whatever catches your eye or triggers emotions or sensations within you is the meditation your Soul most resonates with!
While some of these healing meditations are self-guided, others are hand-picked from YouTube.
Do you want to incorporate a regular healing meditation practice into your life? Pay special attention to the self-directed meditations that I’ve written. If, on the other hand, you just want some quick relief, try the pre-recorded healing meditation tracks.
I send love and prayers for healing your way.
Healing Meditation For the Body
1. Chronic Pain
For sufferers of constant pain, autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, etc.
- Close your eyes and relax.
- Visualize a golden orb of healing energy pulsating in the core of your chest (note: choose whatever color represents healing to you)
- As you breathe in, the orb of light moves up your body, healing every cell of your being.
- As you breathe out, the orb of light moves down your body, healing every part of you.
- Repeat for 5-10 minutes (or as long as you like)
Note: for holistic body-mind-heart healing, see these Health meditations that incorporate affirmations and high-quality therapeutic sound frequencies.
2. Energy Cleansing
This healing meditation supports ‘energetic hygiene,’ particularly after being in a negative or toxic environment.
- Optional: play sounds of the ocean in the background (you can find free tracks available online).
- Close your eyes, ground yourself in your breath and relax.
- Imagine crystal blue waters pouring over you from the heavens.
- Feel the pure turquoise water dripping over your head, neck, shoulders, chest, arms, torso, bottom, legs, and feet – all the way down your body.
- Visualize this clear water washing away all stagnant energy and feelings.
- As the crystal blue water cascades onto the ground, imagine it melting into the earth, being purified and grounded of all the dirty energetic debris.
Go deeper: Earth Vibration (432 Hz) Meditation »
Assists those wanting to develop a loving and forgiving connecting with their body.
- Close your eyes, loosen up your body, and take a deep breath in and out.
- Place a gentle hand over your stomach.
- Say the gentle mantra, “I feel you. I love you. I accept you.” (You can also alter this mantra to your own liking.)
- Repeat this simple practice by placing a hand over any part of your body that you struggle to accept.
Read more: Self-Love: 23 Ways to Become a Doctor of the Soul »
4. Womb Healing
For feminine souls wanting to heal their womb space (sacral chakra). Starts at 2:32.
5. Full Body Regeneration
Sound healing meditation using solfeggio frequencies to invigorate and strengthen your emotional and physical body.
Read more: 6 Powerful Solfeggio Frequencies that Raise Your Vibration »
6. Fatigue, Exhaustion, and Vitality
Rediscover more energy and vitality within you. Overcome feelings of exhaustion and chronic fatigue.
Healing Meditation For the Heart
This ancient Hawaiian healing meditation is for those wanting to practice more love and forgiveness – toward themselves and others.
- Optional: put on some gentle ambient music in the background.
- Close your eyes. Breathe slowly, softly, and deeply for a few moments.
- Quietly repeat the mantra: I love you. I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.
- If it helps, place a soft hand over your heart to stimulate self-compassion.
- You may direct this mantra to yourself, to others, the planet, or all three.
- Continue this healing meditation for 10 minutes.
Note: to support this practice, see this Self-Love meditation. It’s a high-quality audio that includes subliminal affirmations and soothing binaural beats.
2. Heart Chakra Balancing
For those who seek to balance the heart chakra. This practice is a combination of visualization and moving meditation.
- Close your eyes. Tune into your environment and breath.
- Using your dominant hand, move it gently in a spiral motion in front of your chest.
- Consciously feel the sensation of moving your hand in this circular movement.
- As your hand moves in a spiral motion, visualize an electric green energy being created by your hand.
- Staying connected with your breath, feel this spiral of green energy cleansing and balancing your heart chakra.
- Repeat this practice for 5 minutes or more.
Go deeper: Chakra Healing Meditation »
3. Inner Child Calming
Sometimes, we go through unstable periods in life where we feel chronically scared and unsafe. This healing meditation is to nourish, reassure, and soothe the wounded inner child within you.
- Close your eyes (if it feels safe), breathe slowly and deeply, and feel your body rooted to the earth.
- Place your arms gently around your body, as if you’re giving yourself a hug.
- Gently repeat the affirmation “I am safe and held” every now and then.
- Mindfully notice the feeling of warmth and solidity arise in your body.
- Continue this practice for 10 minutes or more.
Go deeper: Inner Child Journal »
4. Heartbreak, Healing, and Closure
For those who are suffering from loss and heartbreak.
5. Moving Through Anger and Resentment
If you’re holding onto bitterness, anger, or resentment, try this inner child meditation (starts at 3:03).
Healing Meditation For the Mind
1. Depression Release
This is a healing meditation to release the mind of stagnant energy by re-energizing the body.
- Optional: play sounds of nature (specifically: waterfall, stream, or ocean) in the background.
- Close your eyes.
- Breathe in slowly and deeply. Hold and release. Then breathe out slowly and deeply.
- Visualize a body of water in front of you.
- The water sparkles with magic and zesty playfulness.
- The closer you move to the water, the more sacred it looks and feels. There are crystalline refractions of light dancing within the waves: it looks like a magical opal.
- Suddenly you feel the urge to jump in … so you spontaneously JUMP!
- Feel the temperature of the water. How does it feel against your skin?
- You sink into the depths of the water. Notice how you feel as light as air! Every fiber of your being feels invigorated and cleansed.
- You rise to the surface of the water feeling like a new person.
Note: you can bring this practice into your life by practicing cold shower hydrotherapy. Studies have shown that this practice can reduce depression and increase feelings of well-being.
2. Dissolving Generalized Anxiety
If you can’t pinpoint the source of your anxiety, try this healing meditation method called ‘noting.’
- Close your eyes.
- Ground yourself in your breath and senses.
- Have a solid and unchanging ‘home base’ to return to, such as your breath, or the feeling of the ground beneath you.
- Whenever something pops into your mind, simply note it. For example, if you start thinking of what happened yesterday, say quietly “memories.” If fearful thoughts arise, say quietly in your mind, “fear.”
- This meditation method takes practice and can help reduce your anxiety tremendously throughout time.
- Examples of noting may include internally labeling thoughts, feelings, memories, sensations, sounds, words, stories, images, etc.
- Remember to return gently to your breath as a grounding home base.
Go deeper: Anxiety Release Meditation »
3. Grounding For Empaths and Sensitive People
Empaths and highly sensitive people can often experience psychological overwhelm due to their finely-wired nervous systems. This healing meditation practice can help to calm and steady the mind.
- In a seated position, close your eyes (if it feels safe) and take a few long, slow, and deep breaths.
- When you’re ready, place your hands on the ground in front of you.
- Take a deep breath in, picturing the energy from the earth drawing into your hands and body.
- Take a deep breath out and picture your body sprouting roots and branches. Your roots burrow deep into the earth, and your branches reach high into the sky.
- As you continue breathing in and out consciously, feel these roots and branches grow stronger with each breath.
- Feel the solidity of being rooted in the earth as an ancient tree. Stay in this strong and silent space for however long feels grounding to you.
- To end the meditation, breathe back in your roots and branches, returning to your normal self. Remove your hands from the earth and place them on your knees.
Note: see our book Awakened Empath for more in-depth healing practices catered to energy-sensitive people.
4. Mental Detox
Let go of negative mental habits such as judgement, blame, and bitterness. Detox your mind with this guided healing meditation.
Go deeper:Mindfulness Meditations »
5. Inner Peace
Calm your anxiety and overwhelm. Find inner quietness. Starts at 1:07.
Go deeper: Peace Meditations »
Healing Meditation For the Soul
1. Gateway to the Soul
This healing meditation will help you to reconnect with your Soul through the gateway to the Soul: the Heart.
- Light a candle.
- Close your eyes. Settle into your body.
- Place both of your hands over your heart, laying them gently against your chest. (Alternatively, you might like to place one hand on your heart, and the other on your stomach.)
- Sit silently like this, feeling into the mysteries of your deepest Self.
- You might receive images, feelings, sudden epiphanies, or nothing at all. Gratefully receive whatever comes to you, knowing that the point of this practice is to simply reconnect quietly with your Soul.
Go deeper: Spiritual Awakening Meditation »
2. Candle Flame Purification
A beautiful and simple way of welcoming more clarity (third eye chakra).
- Find a candle and light it.
- Gaze gently into the flame.
- Imagine or feel the flame burning away all inner blockages that prevent you from being ensouled.
- Practice this for 5 minutes or more.
3. Sacred Sound
Sound is vibration and vibration is the dance of energy. By humming or repeating a sacred sound, we are tuning into the divine frequency of the Soul.
- Close your eyes if that feels comfortable.
- Take some deep breaths to refresh the body.
- Tune into the sounds already around you. What can you hear?
- When you’re ready, let the sacred sound ‘Om’ rise from the depths of your belly.
- Extend the Om so that it sounds like: ooooooommmmm.
- Let yourself settle into the primordial peace inherent in this sound.
- Repeat this practice for 5 minutes or more.
See: Deep Meditation »
4. Soul Energy Alignment
Reconnect and re-align with your Soul.
Read more: What is a Soul? (and Can it Die, Escape, or Break?) »
5. Intuition Connection
Intuition is the voice of the Soul. Learn how to reconnect with your inner guidance system.
Read more: How to Trust Your Intuition to Make Big Decisions »
Remember to take your time with these healing meditations. There’s no need to rush. Don’t worry about ‘doing all of them’ – that’s not necessary.Just choose one or two that you resonate with. You can always come back to this page later by bookmarking it.
Also, if someone you know might benefit from these meditations, please share this article with them! Sometimes the simplest of actions create the biggest ripples of change in the world.
Tell me, which healing meditation called to you or sparked your intrigue? Do you have any to recommend that haven’t been included here? If so, please share below!
Please note that this article has affiliate links. If you decide to purchase anything we link to, we get a small percentage to help with our work at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Recommended articles by Aletheia Luna:
- How to Create Your Own Full Moon Ritual (With 5 Suggestions)
- Anima and Animus: How to Harmonize Your Masculine and Feminine Energies
- The Sensitive Person’s Guide to Emotional Regulation (in 10 Minutes or Less)
- 25 Signs You Have a Wounded Inner Child
- Feeling Empty: 5 Ways to Heal Your Inner Void
- The Ultimate Guide to Heart Chakra Healing for Beginners
- The Dark Side of Spiritual Healing That No One Talks About
- The Origins of the Spirit Animal, Totem and Power Animal
- 9 Ways to Awaken the Divine Masculine Within You
- How to Channel Your Soul Through Automatic Writing
About the author:
Aletheia Luna is an influential spiritual writer whose work has changed the lives of thousands of people worldwide. After escaping the religious sect she was raised in, Luna experienced a profound existential crisis that led to her spiritual awakening. As a psychospiritual counselor, tarot reader, and professional writer, Luna’s mission is to help others become conscious of their entrapment and find joy, empowerment, and liberation in any circumstance. See more of her work at lonerwolf.com.
This article, Healing Meditations: 21 Ways to Soothe Your Mind and Body, was originally published on lonerwolf.com, reproduced with permission.