Contributing writer for Wake Up World
Baking soda (or sodium bicarbonate) is an extraordinary natural remedy. This economical and common powder has a wide range of healing possibilities: acne, cancer, colds, influenza, acid reflux — the list goes on and on. And don’t forget about all its great uses around the house as well. Priced around $3 for a large box, baking soda just might be that readily available and cost effective miracle we’ve been looking for.
The connection between fungus and cancer
The ground breaking work of Mark Sircus, Ac., OMD and Dr. Simonchini, an oncologist in Rome, Italy, has shown the tremendous potential of sodium bicarbonate. Dr. Simonchini originally made the connection between fungal infections and cancer proliferation. He realized that when a tumor was flushed with baking soda (which is anti-fungal), it shrank and completely disappeared within days. Mark Sircus takes this idea one step further, believing that baking soda can be ingested as well with remarkable results. Sircus feels that cancer is a complex disease and healing goes beyond simply targeting the tumor — the body needs to be brought into harmony with breathing techniques, exercise, sun exposure and massage along with bicarbonate therapy. A striking example of success is Vernon Johnston who cured stage IV prostate cancer with this protocol. His story can be found here.
Protect against colds and influenza
Cancer is not the only ailment that is healed by baking soda. Contagious illnesses like colds and influenza also respond well to sodium bicarbonate. In 1922, a small booklet was published extolling the healing virtues of this simple powder. Edward R. Hays, MD said at the time:
“In 1918 and 1919 while fighting the ‘Flu’ with the U. S. Public Health Service it was brought to my attention that rarely any one who had been thoroughly alkalinized with bicarbonate of soda contracted the disease, and those who did contract it, if alkalinized early, would invariably have mild attacks. I have since that time treated all cases of ‘Cold,’ Influenza and LaGrippe by first giving generous doses of Bicarbonate of Soda, and in many, many instances within 36 hours the symptoms would have entirely abated.”
Recommended dosage for colds and influenza:
- On the first day, consume a total of six doses of half a teaspoon of baking soda in one cup of water. Take at two hour intervals.
- Continue the same protocol on the second day, but reduce to four doses.
- On the third day, consume only two doses — one in the morning and another at night.
- Continue thereafter with one dose in the morning until illness is cured.
Not only helpful with disease, baking soda has a broad spectrum of use. It is also good for:
- Clearing acne
- Cleansing hair and removing buildup
- Detoxifying radiation poisoning
- Acid reflux
- Cleaning teeth
- Insect bites
- Boosting laundry detergent
- Removing dirt and residue off fresh fruits and vegetables
- Household cleaning and deodorizing
- Unclogging drains when combined with vinegar
For pennies per use, sodium bicarbonate really is an economical workhorse. Considering the average conventional cancer treatment costs over $350,000, baking soda provides an inexpensive, safe and effective alternative. Whether contending with the threat of cancer, infectious disease, acne or simply seeking a environmentally friendly cleansing agent, baking soda is a natural champion.
- “Treat cancer with sodium bicarbonate” Dr. T. Simoncini. Retrieved on October 24, 2012 from: curenaturalicancro.com/therapy-simoncini.html
- “Health Benefits of Baking Soda” Howard Jamison, Alternative Health Zone, December 14, 2009. Retrieved on October 24, 2012 from: alternativehealthzone.com
- “Baking soda, cancer and fungus” Mark Sircus, AC, OMD, Natural News, May 16, 2012. Retrieved on October 24, 2012 from: naturalnews.com/035876_baking_soda_cancer_fungus
- “Baking Soda Cures” Earth Clinic. Retrieved on October 24, 2012 from: earthclinic.com/Remedies/baking_soda
- “51 Amazing Uses for Baking Soda” Melissa Breyer, Wake Up World. Retrieved on October 24, 2012 from: wakeup-world.com/2012/05/07/51-amazing-uses-for-baking-soda
- “Bicarbonate of Soda Used to Cure Stage Four Prostate Cancer” Paul Fassa, Natural News, November 13, 2009. Retrieved on October 24, 2012 from: naturalnews.com/027481_prostate_cancer_baking_soda
Recommended articles by Carolanne Wright:
- Scientists Warn Chemotherapy Treatment May Encourage Aggressive Tumors and Spread Cancer
- Renowned Harvard Psychologist Says ADHD is Largely a Fraud
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Reverses Fibromyalgia in 70% of Patients, Researchers Find
- Wealth and Social Media Breed Narcissism and Lack of Empathy, Says New Research
- Over 100 Scientific Studies Agree: Cannabis Annihilates Cancer
- If You Care About Animals and the Earth, Here’s Why You Need to Boycott Palm Oil Immediately
- Latest Research on CBD Oil Offers New Hope for Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome and Autoimmune Disorders
- Scientific Breakthrough: Alzheimer’s Ultrasound Therapy Fully Restores Memory Function in Mice
- Why You Should Have a Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamp in Every Room of Your House
- New Research Links Hand Sanitizer Use With Thyroid Cancer
- Google’s True Origin Closely Tied to the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency)
About the author:
Carolanne enthusiastically believes if we want to see change in the world, we need to be the change. As a nutritionist, natural foods chef and wellness coach, Carolanne has encouraged others to embrace a healthy lifestyle of organic living, gratefulness and joyful orientation for over 13 years
Through her website Thrive-Living.net she looks forward to connecting with other like-minded people from around the world who share a similar vision. Follow Carolanne on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.