Guest Writer for Wake Up World
If you love nut butters as much as I do then you will love this twist on typical almond butter. While almond butter is a good healthy fat option to add to celery sticks or sprouted breads, this Maple Cinnamon Chia Almond Butter packs even more nutritional punch thanks to the added chia seeds, hemp seeds, and cinnamon!
It’s great to have around the house for something savory and sweet, and a great option to bring to the host of your next party.
Maple Cinnamon Chia Almond Butter
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 16 oz. (500 mls)
2 cup raw almonds
2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the almonds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
3. Spread out almond mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once half way through.
– Note: Make sure the almonds do not burn. You will want to check them at 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and allow the almond mixture to cool for a few minutes.
5. Mix in food processor or high-powered blender for about 10 minutes, stopping to stir every 30-60 seconds as needed. The mixture is ready once it’s smooth.
– Note: If you find that the mix isn’t stirring easily then add in 2 Tbsp. of any oil of your choice.
6. Add in the vanilla and salt and blend until mixed well.
Note: Wake Up World recommends the use of organic, locally-bought produce.
Previous article by Jamie:
About the author:
Jamie Schneider is the Editorial Content Manager at Reboot Your Life. As a Certified Holistic Health Coach, she is passionate about a healthy lifestyle and encouraging others to live happy and healthy by consuming more fruits and vegetables. She was one of the first members to join the Reboot community and has been juicing ever since.
Jamie uses her juicer and blender everyday and loves experimenting with new recipes, especially guilt-free sweets to fulfill her sweet tooth. Follow her on Twitter@JamiesHealthTip or visit her website www.getyourglow.com.