Guest Writer for Wake Up World
Fluoride was originally added to the water supply sometime around the end of World War II in an effort to improve overall dental health. Despite the well wishes, the public did not anticipate the physical health dangers. Now, more and more people are recognizing the effects, and one of those is how it damages the pineal gland.
If you’ve never heard of the pineal gland, know it’s got a pretty important job. Located in the center of the brain, it’s responsible for melatonin synthesis (which plays a role in maintaining normal rhythms and sleep cycles), and also helps convert signals between our nervous and endocrine systems.
Unfortunately, the pineal gland can develop problems because it can also absorb a lot of fluoride — even more than our bones.
Something about melatonin: it’s thought to act as a neuro-protector that could play a role in the aging process and Alzheimer’s, so when it’s messed up by things like fluoride, you can guess what happens. 
Our bones are exposed to toxic fluoride much more than we might think. The World Health Organization (WHO) suggests: ”Fluoride levels above 1.5 mg per liter cause pitting of tooth enamel and deposits in bones.”  And because so much of the water supply in the U.S. is still fluoridated, we’re exposed to levels in the 2 to 5 mg range. This doesn’t even account for the fluoride in dental products.
Back to the pineal gland… Fluoride can accumulate and calcify on the gland, blocking its effectiveness, and these deposits can get worse as we age.  A blocked pineal gland could lead to things like trouble sleeping or weight gain. One study even suggests toxic calcification could lead to early onset of puberty in girls. 
How to Detoxify the Pineal Gland
If you want to detox and decalcify your pineal gland from fluoride, there are some easy things you can do! First, stop drinking fluoridated water; this means you should probably steer clear of tap water, choosing alkaline or distilled water instead.
Another thing you could do is try fluoride-free dental products. Iodine may be another helpful tool to use for detoxifying your pineal gland from excessive fluoride.
So, now that you know a little bit about how fluoride can damage pineal gland health, what will you do to avoid it?
– Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
- Wu, Y. H. & Swaab, D. F. The human pineal gland and melatonin in aging and Alzheimer’s disease. Journal of Pineal Research. 38 (3).
- Lennon, M. A. et al. Rolling Revision of the WHO Guidelines for Drinking-Water Quality. World Health Organization.
- Luke, J. Fluoride deposition in the aged human pineal gland. Caries Research. 35 (2).
- Luke, J. THE EFFECT OF FLUORIDE ON THE PHYSIOLOGY OF THE PINEAL GLAND. School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey.
Previous articles by Dr. Edward F. Group:
- 4 Things You Can Do to Support Thyroid Health
- How Turmeric Keeps You Looking Young
- 7 Toxins Harming Your Brain Right Now
- Top 5 Foods for the Pineal Gland
- 6 Things You Must Know About Colloidal Silver
- The Importance of a Kidney Cleansing Diet
- The 9 Best Herbs for Lung Cleansing and Respiratory Support
- 7 Best Foods to Support Kidney Function
- Lung Cleansing With Peppermint Oil
- Seven Facts You May Not Know About Coconut Oil
- 10 Best Herbs for Boosting Female Sex Drive
About the author:
Dr. Edward F. Group III (DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM) founded Global Healing Center in 1998 and is currently the Chief Executive Officer. Heading up the research and development team, Dr. Group assumes a hands-on approach in producing new and advanced degenerative disease products and information.
Dr. Group has studied natural healing methods for over 20 years and now teaches individuals and practitioners all around the world. He no longer sees patients but solely concentrates on spreading the word of health and wellness to the global community. Under his leadership, Global Healing Center, Inc. has earned recognition as one of the largest alternative, natural and organic health resources on the internet.
For more information, please visit Global Healing Center.