By Nanice Ellis
Contributing writer for Wake Up World
Many women secretly desire to be saved, rescued or taken care of, but these desires perpetuate feminine powerlessness and also set the stage for dysfunctional relationships. Being saved or rescued by some big, strong man might sound romantic, but the cost is all too often disempowerment.
In exchange for being saved, the damsel in distress gives her knight in shining armor what little power she has left, thereby increasing her sense of powerlessness, and perpetuating the same disempowerment that caused the damsel to be distressed in the first place.
Until we become conscious, it’s common to run from one state of disempowerment to another, but, sooner or later, we realize that no one can save us. You can delay it but you cannot avoid it, and whether this pivotal realization leads to despair or empowerment, the truth remains the same. You must save yourself because no one else can do it for you.
Although many women have been taught to associate helplessness with femininity, don’t confuse the two because there’s really nothing feminine or sexy about being powerless. Also, don’t be mistaken, we are not talking about women artificially taking on male personas, because that doesn’t work either. Instead, it’s time to discover what it means to be an empowered woman and to experience firsthand why there’s nothing more attractive than a woman who embraces her feminine power.
What about Prince Charming?
Doesn’t every woman want to be charmed by her very own prince? Well, of course, most women desire romance but this doesn’t mean you have to give your power away in exchange, and, in fact, if you are pretending to be a damsel in distress, you’re not going to get the attention of a real prince. The modern day Prince Charming is not looking for a powerless woman to save. He’s looking for an empowered partner with whom he can create a kingdom. He seeks a woman who speaks her truth and isn’t afraid to stand out in the crowd; a woman who knows her worth and has no fear of being alone.
So, how do you save yourself?
Without a history of role models, we have the honor of forging a path for our daughters and grand-daughters to follow. Although this likely means trial and error, here are some pointers to help you on the path:
- Stop waiting to be saved or pretending to be powerless when you’re not.
- Claim your unconditional worth and stop suppressing your true self in exchange for love or approval; it’s too big a price to pay.
- Set boundaries that teach others how to treat you and commit to speaking your truth; especially when it’s difficult and others might protest.
- Be bold and brave by choosing courage over fear and positive thinking over worrying.
- Listen to inner guidance and never hesitate to follow inspiration; you always know what’s best for you!
Finally, as you demonstrate feminine power, you’ll show other damsels how to save themselves as well, but also let them know that the key to self-empowerment is trusting yourself!
With Love, Grace & Gratitude,
Copyright: Nanice Ellis 2019. All rights reserved
Please note: You can listen to an audio version of this article here.
Free Quantum Belief Shifting Process
Ready to open your mind to new possibilities? Join me for a free 30-minute Belief Shifting Process at www.Nanice.com/Believe.
This quantum process is designed to help release disempowering programs of unworthiness, powerlessness, and victimhood while activating the knowing of your intrinsic power, unconditional worth and your ability to consciously manifest the life you desire.
Is There a White Elephant In Your Way? The Guidebook for Awakening and Self-Empowerment!
The new book by Nanice Ellis!
Whether you are looking to reclaim your life, improve relationships, attract more abundance or you are ready to wake-up, “Is There a White Elephant in Your Way?” provides the revolutionary answers you have been seeking.
Your life is a Divine Gift, waiting to be lived fully! As this unique guidebook shows you exactly how to overcome the ego and live as your True Empowered Self, you will learn how to recognize and understand the unconscious dynamics that have run your life, and step by step, you will be able to overcome your own inner blocks and outer issues, so that, one day soon, life overflows with joy and fulfillment!
So… Is there a White Elephant in your way?
The answer is yes, if you ever…
- Experience irrational fear or incessant worry
- Sabotage your big dreams or undermine your dearest desires
- Battle reoccurring issues in relationships, career, health or financial matters
- Feel like you are not yourself but don’t know why
- Get inspired but lack the motivation to follow through
- Believe that your greatest potential is out of reach
- Lack the energy to live your life the way you want to live it
- Worry about what other people think (especially about you)
- Beat yourself up with criticism but can’t seem to stop
- Play small or hide your gifts despite the compelling drive to live your life to the fullest
Discover the hidden key to unlocking your greatest potential and the real secret to being limitless!
“Is There a White Elephant in Your Way?” is available here in Kindle and Paperback editions.
About the author:
Nanice Ellis has been a professional Life Coach for 20 years, successfully coaching women and men from all over the world. She is also an author, Theta Healer and Master Neuro Linguistic Practitioner.
Helping people to make quantum jumps in their lives, Nanice’s very unique coaching style is often referred to as the “Nanice Effect”. By using powerful and proven manifestation techniques, Nanice coaches people to tap into the power of the Universe and live their dreams, bridging the gap from the imagination to the realization of that dream. She works with leaders, coaches, healers and anyone who wants to live life to the fullest. You can learn more about the coaching programs offered at: Coaching Programs with Nanice.
Nanice is the author of several books, including the inspirational “The Infinite Power of You!” and “Even Gandhi Got Hungry and Buddha Got Mad!”, and her latest book, “Is There a White Elephant in Your Way? The Guidebook for Awakening and Self Empowerment” She is also the host of radio show Chai with Nanice. Her books are available at Nanice.com/6/Books and right here on Amazon.
To connect with Nanice, visit Nanice.com.
Recommended articles by Nanice Ellis:
- Recovering from Religious Repression – The Journey to Freedom
- Raising Awake Children in a Broken School System
- Escaping the Matrix of Depression – The Truth About Depression Shall Set You Free
- Tired of Being a Negativity Sponge? 12 Ways to Prevent Energy Infiltration and Reclaim Your Energy
- Is Ayahuasca Mother Nature’s ‘Red Pill’?
- Overcoming Negative Thinking – The #1 Cause of Chronic Depression
- How To Help Others Spiritually Awaken
- Are Higher Vibrations Making You Sick? Integrating the Energetic Shift
- How to Heal Emotional Trauma
- The 5 Stages of Awakening – Signposts and Pitfalls on the Path of Consciousness
- Are You More Awake Than Your Family? 12 Ways to Heal Relationships When Your Family Is Still Asleep
- Why You Should Forgive Your Parents… and How To Do It!