December 21st, 2017
Contributing writer for Wake Up World
“The body is so intelligent and it’s designed to heal and repair itself at every moment.” ~ Kelly Noonan Gores, producer of HEAL documentary
The innate wisdom of the body can heal any disease, any disorder — if we would only get out of the way. This is the premise behind the documentary HEAL, which takes the mind-body connection to a whole new level with interviews from leading scientists, holistic practitioners, energy workers and medical doctors — including Kelly Brogan, M.D., Bruce Lipton, Ph.D., Dr. Deepak Chopra, Anthony Williams, among many others.
Considering almost 50 percent of Americans are dealing with some form of chronic illness, HEAL couldn’t have come at a better time.
The Underlying Cause of Disease
While extremely valuable for situations of trauma and acute crisis like infections, our conventional medical system is only helpful for about 10 percent of health issues. As Rev. Michael Beckwith of Agape Spiritual Center points out in HEAL, we are conditioned to give our power away to doctors, creating a victim/savior dynamic that actually hinders healing. Moreover, research has found that upwards of 90 percent of all disease isn’t genetically based, but rather a response to environmental factors like high stress levels, pollutants, suppressed emotions and even our perceptions.
The science of epigenetics illustrates how genes are turned on and off depending on what kind of message they are receiving. Bruce Lipton, Ph.D., whose pioneering work in epigenetics contributed to the development of an entirely new branch of research, says that at any given moment, you are either sending biochemical messages of “flight or fight” or “rest and repair” to your cells, which will respond accordingly.
Unfortunately, with the speed and stressors of modern life, a majority of the population finds itself in a chronic state of flight or fight. In turn, our adrenals are constantly pumping out cortisol and adrenaline, among other stress hormones, that tell our bodies to shut down all but the most essential survival systems, in preparation for dealing with the threat at hand. When we’re in this state for extended periods of time, our body doesn’t have a chance to move into rest and repair mode — leading to poor immunity and, eventually, disease.
Not only that, but it’s ultimately our thinking style that determines whether we will perceive an event as threatening, which can then trigger a cascade of stress hormones. When it comes down to it, negative thinking is a killer — it can cause any illness and even death.
On the flip side, Kelly Turner, Ph.D. is fascinated with, what she calls, “radical remissions” where people have suddenly healed from life-threatening diseases. Turner studied 1600 of these cases, 250 of which she had in-depth interviews with the patients. She was able to identify 75 common traits of the remissions, although not every person in the study had used all seventy-five. However, there were nine traits that were found in every case:
- Taking control of your health
- Radically changing diet
- Following intuition
- Using herbs and supplements
- Releasing suppressed emotions
- Increasing positive emotions
- Embracing social support
- Deepening spiritual connection
- Have a strong reason for living
As you can see, only two on the list are physical, while the rest are mental, spiritual and emotional. Every one is empowering, positive in nature and life-affirming.
“All the experts whom I interviewed in my documentary believe that the majority of our gene expression is based on our lifestyle choices–and that stress-related illness accounts for a vast majority of doctor visits,” says Noonan Gores. “They believe that almost all forms of disease stem from subconscious beliefs, including stress, and unprocessed emotional wounds, as well as toxins in our food and environment.” [source]
HEAL — Official Trailer
The latest science reveals that we are not victims of unchangeable genes, nor should we buy into a scary prognosis. The fact is we have more control over our health and life than we have been taught to believe.
Featuring Dr. Deepak Chopra, Anita Moorjani, Marianne Williamson, Dr. Michael Beckwith, Dr. Bruce Lipton, Dr. Joe Dispenza, Anthony William ‘ Medical Medium’, Dr. Bernie Siegel, Gregg Braden, Dr. Joan Borysenko, Dr. David Hamilton, Dr. Kelly Brogan, Rob Wergin, Dr. Kelly Turner, Peter Chrone, Dr Darren Weissman and Dr Jeffrey Thompson.
- Has This Intuitive Healer Solved the Mystery Behind Chronic Illness? The Answer May Surprise You
- Miraculous Healing Using the Power of the Mind is Possible – Here’s Why
- How Our Thoughts Control Our DNA
Recommended articles by Carolanne Wright:
- Scientists Warn Chemotherapy Treatment May Encourage Aggressive Tumors and Spread Cancer
- Renowned Harvard Psychologist Says ADHD is Largely a Fraud
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Reverses Fibromyalgia in 70% of Patients, Researchers Find
- Wealth and Social Media Breed Narcissism and Lack of Empathy, Says New Research
- Over 100 Scientific Studies Agree: Cannabis Annihilates Cancer
- If You Care About Animals and the Earth, Here’s Why You Need to Boycott Palm Oil Immediately
- Latest Research on CBD Oil Offers New Hope for Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome and Autoimmune Disorders
- Scientific Breakthrough: Alzheimer’s Ultrasound Therapy Fully Restores Memory Function in Mice
- Why You Should Have a Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamp in Every Room of Your House
- New Research Links Hand Sanitizer Use With Thyroid Cancer