By Nikki Harper
Staff Writer for Wake Up World
5G continues to creep ever closer, but the concerns overs its safety and health risks are not diminishing. Far from it – from scientists the world over, the objections and red flag raising are increasing.
Despite the growing volume of peer-reviewed evidence that 5G is simply not safe, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced in August that it will continue to work on the basis of radiation exposure limits which date to research from the 1980s . This research was mostly concerned with short-term heating risks.
However, since the FCC adopted these limits in the 1990s, more than 500 studies have been published, showing evidence of harmful effects from radio frequency radiation at levels too low to cause heating . Heating is not the issue here.
More than 250 scientists worldwide, who between them have published more than 2000 papers on EMF, have signed the International EMF Scientist Appeal , calling for stronger exposure limits. The appeal argues that numerous scientific studies have shown that EMF adversely affects organisms at these low levels, with risks including cancer, increases in free radicals, learning deficits, neurological disorders, reproductive disorders and cellular damage, in humans as well as other animal and plant life.
In 2011, the WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer classified radio frequency radiation (RFR) as “possibly carcinogenic to humans”  and this will be reviewed again within the next five years – most likely, their risk assessment will be upgraded.
However, despite this body of evidence, the FDA recently stated that “no changes to the current standards [on RFR] are warranted at this time”. 
We do not have a great deal of evidence regarding the health impact of 4G, because the research was simply not widely done. However, we do have evidence that 2G and 3G have proven harmful and there appears to be some evidence that an increase in head and neck tumors can be linked to cell phone radiation . Since 5G will initially run alongside 4G, there could be further risks to health from simultaneous exposure to different types of RFR .
With little sign that the powers that be are listening, the ongoing research does not seem to be hitting home and those official exposure limits are not budging. This is a concern for Joel M Moskowitz, director of the Center for Family and Community Health in the School of Public Health at the University of California. “As a society, should be invest hundreds of billions of dollars deploying 5G, a cellular technology that requires the installation of 800,000 or more new cell antenna sites in the US, close to where we live, work and play?” asks Moskowitz. “Instead, we should […] demand that our government fund the research needed to adopt biologically based exposure limits that protect our health and safety.”
-  https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-358968A1.pdf
-  https://drive.google.com/file/d/19CbWmdGTnnW1iZ9pxlxq1ssAdYl3Eur3/view
-  https://emfscientist.org/
-  https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/we-have-no-reason-to-believe-5g-is-safe/#
-  https://www.saferemr.com/2015/05/brain-tumor-rates-are-rising-in-us-role.html
Recommended articles by Nikki Harper:
- Harnessing the Power of Synchronicity
- Beyond 11:11 – The Significance of Repeating Number Patterns
- A Time to be Born and a Time to Die: Can Astrology Predict Death?
- Premature and Caesarean Birth: An Astrological Misinheritance?
- The Benefits of a Daily Divination Practice – and How to Start One
- 7 Ways to Find Awe in Your Everyday Life
- Need Answers? Looking for Insight? 7 Ways Astrology Can Help
- Alone But Not Lonely: 6 Amazing Benefits of Solitude
- Dancing in the Rain: 6 Reasons We Should All Be Pluviophiles
- Finding Time for a Daily Spiritual Practice – How and Why to Devote Your Time
- 7 Simple Steps to Start Communicating With Nature
- Getting Started with Remote Viewing: Step by Step to Strengthen Your Psi Abilities
About the author:
Nikki Harper is a spiritualist writer, astrologer, and editor for Wake Up World. She writes about divination, astrology, mediumship and spirituality at Questionology: Astrology and Divination For the Modern World where you can also find out more about her work as a freelance astrologer and her mind-body-spirit writing and editing services. Nikki also runs a spiritualist centre in North Lincs, UK, hosting weekly mediumship demonstrations and a wide range of spiritual development courses and workshops.