Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
“Until science can prove it, it remains only anecdotal – not real”.
If I had a legitimate pet peeve, it would have to be that phrase! If it were true, I would not have been able to naturally cure myself from autoimmune neurological symptoms and clinical anxiety.
I guess by using this kind of scientific thinking, nobody has ever been “in love”. After all, there is no proof of “love”. You can’t reproduce it in a lab, and double-blind studies certainly would be impossible.
Compounding the “science” of love even more, what of that “feeling of euphoria” felt when one is in love? If love can’t be scientifically proven, then this feeling of euphoria that physically boosts our immune system and promotes a more positive attitude, must only be the “placebo effect”. And we all know how science views the placebo effect! Placebo = All in Your Mind = Not Real Science = False = “Pseudoscience”!
So “scientifically” speaking, love and being in love are purely anecdotal, thus not real.
What about the flip-side of being in love? Everyone knows the struggle and stress of a failed relationship. The negative effects can easily go beyond depression bringing on more serious health conditions such as heart and immune issues, and even cancer. If falling in love is nothing more than the placebo effect, than logic would suggest that falling out of love is congruent with the nocebo effect. In both cases however, how you “feel” is considered by science to be nothing more than “all in your mind”.
Okay then… What if we apply this same logic to something more “scientific”?
If major diseases (cancer, diabetes, heart conditions, and autoimmune) are on the increase despite the widespread use of prescription drugs, and if prescription drugs are approved by the FDA only after satisfying and passing the rules and scientific methods of evidence-based medicine, then what does this say about those scientific methods?? Especially when many of these drugs are later recalled due to serious health complications, including death? And let’s not forget all the “acceptable” horrific side-effects that are allowed by the FDA!
So, this brings up an interesting question…
On what basis are these drugs “approved” in the first place?
In medical science, using a double-blind study is the standard to prove the effectiveness of a specific drug. Simply, there are two control groups. One group receives the actual drug, while the other group receives a placebo; a “fake” drug, usually a sugar pill. All effects and side-effects are “reported” – from both groups. Neither of the groups or the doctor who administrators the substances know which group is receiving which substance.
This method is meant to “ensure” that the drug is more effective than the placebo at reducing whatever symptoms it has been designed to reduce. However, there is a secretthat the pharmaceutical companies don’t want you to know about it: the reported positive effects from double-blind studies are often greater from those who took the placebo than from those who took the drug!
This means the placebo is often more effective than the drug!
Furthermore, based on their own definition, doesn’t asking test groups to report how they feel technically make the scientific method a pseudoscience? How scientific are these “reported” side-effects? Isn’t “reporting” a headache, joint pain, or stomach upset really only anecdotal anyway? Can a headache be “proven”? And what if the headache came from the control group who took the sugar pill?
Honestly, I can understand why the placebo effective and anecdotal stories get such a bad rap from the science community; it’s bad for business!
Think about this…
- Where is the profit if people actually found out they have the power to heal themselves – and had it all along?
- If people could heal themselves, what would happen to the control and power of major monopolies such as the FDA, AMA and Big Pharma?
The truth is, the power and control of healing has always been within the mind of the individual. And every day, more and more people are waking-up to this amazing concept!
For more information, check out these insightful articles by Dr. Lissa Rankin MD:
- 10 Health Habits They Don’t Teach in Medical School
- 10 Myths About Self-Healing Debunked
- 6 Stories That Will Make You Believe in the Power of Your Mind to Heal You
Also available on Amazon, Dr. Rankin’s ground-breaking book Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself.
Previous articles by Dr. Michelle:
- Scientists Under Attack — àrpà¡d Pusztai, a GMO Whistleblowing Hero!
- A Natural Cure for Migraines
- Chronic Headache Syndrome: True or False?
- STRESS!! Could Vitamin B5 be the Solution?
- America’s Love Affair with Pharmaceuticals
- The Sun & Skin Cancer: Examining the Truths, Pseudo-Truths & Lies of Mainstream Science
- “Blame It On Your Genes”: the Money-Making Myth of Modern Medicine
- Exposed: Monsanto’s Mission To Pharmaceutically “Enhance” GMO Foods
- Dogma and misinformation: a Fatal Mixture in Healthcare
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency is a Major Health Concern: Here’s Why!
- Natural Cure for Chronic Pain Syndromes Silenced by the Medical Establishment
- Can Cantaloupes Help Prevent Cancer?
- Illness vs. Industry: Will Scientists Ever Find a “Cure” for Cancer?
- Antipsychotics for ADHD? There is Something Wrong with Our Medical Establishment
About the author:
Dr. Michelle Kmiec is a licensed chiropractor who also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology. She is life-long athlete who after curing herself 100% naturally from autoimmune neurological symptoms and anxiety, became an avid nutrition health researcher/promoter, author of Healthcare Freedom Revolution: Exposing the Lies, Deceit and Greed of the Medical Profession, and Founder of the natural health website Online Holistic Health.