Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
If you feel that your health could use a boost, or you need a little extra care, a healing soak is one of the best ways to regain equilibrium, shed toxins and calm the mind. A perfect medium for children and adults alike, therapeutic baths not only help you relax but also gently balance the system.
View any health spa menu and you will usually find an array of different healing soaks. From weight loss to detoxification and anti-aging, the variety available is impressive. All the same, enjoying a spa treatment more than once every so often is usually too costly for the average person. This is where the beauty of creating a restorative bath at home comes in. For pennies on the dollar, we can detoxify and alleviate health complaints, while easing tension and stress.
It’s easier than you may think, yet the benefits are vast.
Recipes for Health
As luck would have it, we need not travel extravagant distances, or spend great amounts of money, to reap the benefits of a therapeutic bath — it’s simple enough to recreate a healing spa experience in the privacy of our own home. Have a look at the following five examples for inspiration.
Gently pulling heavy metals from the body, clay is one of the best detoxifying substances available. Eytons’ Earth recommends 5 pounds of green desert calcium bentonite, Pascalite, Inland Sea or Redmond clay per bath. Fill the tub halfway with very hot water and sprinkle the clay evenly over the surface to avoid clumping. Allow to settle for 10-20 minutes. Next, add enough hot water so that the temperature is comfortable and you are able to submerge your entire body from the neck down. In the beginning, soak for 10-15 minutes. Thereafter, gradually increase the time of each bath until you’re able to comfortably soak for up to two hours. As long as your plumbing is in good condition, and the clay is completely aqueous when drained, clogging shouldn’t be an issue.
Rich in minerals and helpful in supporting metabolism and hormonal balance, along with the adrenal glands and thyroid, seaweed is an excellent ingredient for a therapeutic bath. Add 4 ounces of dried seaweed (kelp and dulse are good options) to a large tea ball or muslin bag. Secure the container so seaweed doesn’t clog the drain and submerge in 8 cups of boiling water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, remove from heat and pour entire contents into the bathtub. Add additional hot water and soak until the gelatinous film from the seaweed completely dissolves from your skin.
Sodium bicarbonate, sea salt and magnesium sulfate are also beneficial.
Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) softens the skin and buffers the effects of radiation. Dissolve 4 cups in warm water for each soak.
Sea salt can be used by itself to detoxify and ground the body, or in combination with either clay or sodium bicarbonate. Celtic or Himalayan pink salt are two excellent choices. Use 1-2 cups per bath.
Magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt) is also detoxifying and has the added benefit of easing muscle and joint pain. Three cups dissolved in hot water is sufficient. As a general rule of thumb, soak for at least 20 minutes.
A Few Tips for Keeping it Safe
To neutralize chlorine in your bath water, add two teaspoons of vitamin C. Borax is helpful for eliminating fluoride — use 1-3 tablespoons per bath. Additionally, choose seaweed from sources that are free from contaminants and tested for heavy metals. Lastly, aim for a minimum of two detoxifying baths per week.
Previous articles by Carolanne:
- Dry Skin Brushing Can Strengthen Immunity, Spark Detoxification and Reverse Aging
- Cannabis Dissolves Cancerous Tumor in Young Infant, Deemed ‘Miracle Baby’ by Physician
- Vitamin C for Taming Tension, Burning Fat, and Much More
- Fulvic Acid: The Amazing Health Secret you’ve Never Heard About
- Is Mold Making You Sick?
- Hemp – The Ultimate Cash Crop, Health Food and Environmental Savior Rolled Into One
- Slash your Organic Food Bill by Almost 90 Percent with This One Simple Method
- Chemtrails: Learn How to Protect Yourself From These Treacherous Poisons
- Autistic Boy with Higher IQ Than Einstein Discovers Gift After Removal from State-Run Therapy
- Enhance Spiritual, Mental and Physical Well-being with a Pineal Gland Detox
- Enterprising Community Aims for Total Food Self-Sufficiency with Free Edible Landscapes
- The Silent Toxin in Food that Provokes Cancer, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis and More
- DIY $2 Self-Watering Garden Bed – Grow Produce Easily, Even in the Toughest Conditions
Please note: this article by Carolanne Wright first appeared on NaturalNews.com