December 11th, 2018
Guest writer for Wake Up World
Sometimes it’s really hard to be human and to try to stay positive all the time. So much of our suffering in this world comes simply from the fact that many of us have lost our connection with that greater, loving energy that is within and that binds all of us. This is Divine Source energy, more commonly known as God, or simply just infinite love. Feel free to use whatever term with which you are most comfortable.
Life is a mystery. And this mystery is that Divine Source energy. We each carry pieces of this Source energy within us. As it feels so out of our grasp, it carries the essence of mystery and not being real. When we tap into the love and the co-creative powers that lie within us, we can learn to embody that sense of wonder that is the essence of this energy. And that sense of wonder leads to deep curiosity and experiencing life fully, with a sense of joy, purity and oneness with all that is.
When we become more aware of the Divine essence within us, we can begin to reestablish our connection with who we really are, which is that we are pieces of this Source energy.
More of us are seeing that there must be more to life than what we have been taught by parents and schools, much of which has been misleading at best, and just plain wrong at worst. It can be confusing to understand what then, is right and true. The best way to help us discern what is truth, in my belief, is to simply get in touch with what feels right in our hearts. It can take a lot of practice to trust our hearts. Another way of looking at this is that our heart-felt feelings are our gateway to receiving Divine guidance (from Source energy, angels, spirit guides or whatever higher guides you connect with). Our emotions give us information about what resonates, and also it is how Spirit connect with us.
It does take practice and a willingness to trust and learn to open to receiving this intuitive guidance. To truly get in touch with our emotions (or with a phrase, word, image or idea that pops in our head), we must let go of our doubts about the information and energy we are picking up on, and just allow it to be. This is about suspending disbelief and allowing what feels right to guide us. It also takes just remembering to ask Spirit (as the Divine law of free will means that we often must ask for them to intervene and help, as they respect our desires). With daily reminders, eventually we will have created a new habit of asking for and receiving guidance (I especially find Archangel Michael a powerful source!) This can take months of re-learning, but it can be done with persistence, trust and always going with the flow of what resonates with you.
Here are a few more simple ways to connect with Divine Source energy:
- Every day, simply imagine that light is flowing into your body in the top of your head, like sunlight. Then imagine this light flowing up and down from your head to your toes in both directions. This activates your light-body and can actually heal your physical, emotional selves. Also, this light can shift energy within you, which means that the experiences around you also begin to shift (as everything is based on this web of energy)!
- Send out thoughts of kindness to others. When we feel love within us, and when we allow ourselves to love ourselves wholly and unconditionally, we are at peace with who we are. As vessels receiving and sharing light, we become in “right relations” with ourselves and also with the world,
- Set aside 3-5 minutes every day to quiet your mind. When we intentionally relax the natural tension that we pick up from everyday life in our bodies, then we can more fully embody this inner peace. Our physical bodies manifest what we experience emotionally, and vice-versa. When we can get control of our “monkey minds” by developing focus, concentration and clarity, we can become masters of harnessing this God-like energy that is already within us, for our highest and best use and for the betterment of the world.
- Get control of your thoughts. Remember that our thoughts give out vibrations, based in lack or in love. It is important to begin to manage our negative thoughts as much as possible. When you’re feeling frustrated, ask yourself, “Am I okay now?” Usually the answer is “yes.” Often our negative Ego minds look for the worst possible scenario that keeps us in a state of fear and worry.
With the suffering that comes with being human, having a strong core and connection to our inner light, and to the light and guidance that is all around us, connecting to a Divine and loving Source, keeps us strong and grounded.
For people imprisoned or in other circumstances of extreme suffering, meditation and going into this Divine essence of themselves can help them cope with unimaginable situations.
As long as we make an effort and set an intention to connect with light and Divine Source energy, we can be like steadfast and unwavering, like mountains in stormy weather.
Establishing and maintaining this Divine, loving connection is what has purely and simply kept me going and helped me expand and share this with others. May it be the same for you.
Also by Rachel Horton White:
- Raising Our Vibration: Releasing Blocks to Abundance
- I’m Not Going Insane: It’s the Universal Awakening!
- When You’ve Tried Everything to Feel Better But Nothing Seems to Work…
- Shedding the Layers in Our Collective Expansion
- How Personal Transformation Works: Just Observe the Natural World
- The Energetic Shift in Consciousness – Finding the Courage to Evolve
- Free Yourself from Your Mental Prison: Three Approaches to Healing
About the author:
Aiming to merge the spiritual with the real world, Rachel Horton White helps spiritually-open people release negative patterns in their lives, with practical tools like mindfulness, energy and intuition exercises, to connect with their true, inner selves. Through her work in Soulful Work Intuitive Consulting, Rachel has written articles for worldwide publications such as Wake Up World, Om Times and Elephant Journal and has a podcast called The Courageous Path. Rachel is a life coach, hypnotherapist, mindfulness teacher, intuitive reader, tree-hugger and angel enthusiast. With a Bachelor’s Degree in English from Wellesley College and a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the University of Georgia, Rachel claims her true education came from studying abroad in Dakar, Senegal. Her greatest teachers these days are her two bright-eyed, energetic children in Portland, Maine.
Rachel can be found on:
- Website: http://www.soulfulworkconsulting.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/restoringthesoulineverydaylife
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/soulfulworkconsulting
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/thecourageouspath
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-courageous-path/id1135966729?mt=2
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCxax45lTVqFluddtakt7oA