Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
Linked with cancer, seizures, asthma and more, parasites are an invisible, yet very real, threat to health. Difficult to diagnose, physicians and medical personnel often miss the connection between a parasitic infection and serious disease. It is estimated that a majority of Americans harbor parasites contracted from food, water, pets and even the air we breathe. Herbal antiparasitic detox programs are an excellent solution and should be undertaken annually along with a weekly maintenance protocol, even if one enjoys good health.
Cleansing herbs and nutritional support
Parasites can infiltrate any system in the body, including the lungs, liver, heart, brain, spinal cord, blood, pancreas, skin, eyes, kidneys and uterus. The pathogens contribute to diabetes, poor cardiovascular health, chronic fatigue and a host of other disease. Due to the widespread problem of parasites, it’s essential that healthy individuals undergo a parasite cleanse at least once per year, or more if diseases are present. The following is a list of the top antiparasitic herbs and oils available:
Oil of oregano
One of the best remedies for parasites, the oil can be used up to three times per day. Add two to three drops to a glass of water with fresh lemon juice.
Used for centuries as a cure for intestinal parasites, wormwood can be consumed in liquid extract, tea or capsule form. Especially helpful for those with poor digestion, it increases the acidity of the stomach and encourages the production of bile. The pure oil is toxic – do not ingest.
Readily available, fresh garlic is an excellent treatment for both roundworm and tapeworm as well as giardia. Crush one clove and let sit for ten minutes. Consume at bedtime for at least 30 days.
Extra virgin coconut oil
Rich in medium chain fatty acids, coconut oil provides a substantial boost to the immune system, which supports the fight against parasites. It’s also a strong antifungal agent. Ingest six tablespoons per day to keep the body healthy.
Black walnut tincture
Traditionally used for ringworm and fungal infections. Kills parasites at the adult stage.
Effective against tapeworm and roundworm. According to Cathy Wong in “Natural Remedies for Intestinal Parasites,” herbalists recommend grinding 25 ounces of the seed and combining it with fresh juice. Consume immediately. Two to three hours later, a laxative is taken to sweep the intestines.
Other helpful remedies include:
- Oregon grape
- Olive leaf
Intestinal cleansing is also important to remove pathogens from the system. Focus on a high fiber diet with additions such as organic psyllium husk, flaxseed, chia seed and beetroot. Likewise, bentonite clay and activated charcoal help absorb and escort parasites out of the body. Moreover, a diet rich in vitamin A protects against larvae penetration. Carrots, sweet potatoes and orange squash are excellent choices. Vitamin C and zinc are important for parasite control as well. Freshly squeezed orange or grapefruit juice, kiwi, camu camu berry and fresh lemon juice are good sources of vitamin C, while pumpkin seeds, yogurt, asparagus, chard, shiitake mushrooms, spinach, miso and sesame seeds provide abundant zinc.
Dr. Hulda Clark, PhD, researcher and author of “The Cure for all Cancers,” recommends supplementing with ornithine and arginine during a parasite cleanse due to toxins released from dying pathogens. Dr. Clark’s herbal parasite protocol for beginners can be found here.
Updated October 2014
Previous articles by Carolanne:
- Common Toxin in Your Pantry Causes Obesity, Diabetes, Infertility… and Much More
- Is Mold Making You Sick?
- Hemp – The Ultimate Cash Crop, Health Food and Environmental Savior Rolled Into One
- Slash your Organic Food Bill by Almost 90 Percent with This One Simple Method
- Confirmed by Science: You Really Can Change Your DNA – Here’s How
- Chemtrails: Learn How to Protect Yourself From These Treacherous Poisons
- Top 10 Food Frauds: Formaldehyde, Plastic, Melamine & Caustic Soda Found in Common Foods
- Autistic Boy With Higher IQ Than Einstein Discovers Gift After Removal From State-Run Therapy
- Enhance Spiritual, Mental and Physical Well-being with a Pineal Gland Detox
- Enterprising Community Aims for Total Food Self-Sufficiency with Free Edible Landscapes
- The Silent Toxin in Food that Provokes Cancer, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis and More
- DIY $2 Self-Watering Garden Bed – Grow Produce Easily, Even in the Toughest Drought Conditions