Contributing writer for Wake Up World
A painful and often debilitating disease, eczema is a skin disorder that is suffered by millions. Frequently treated with steroids, the immune system is further compromised — inflaming the dermis and creating a vicious cycle that is difficult to break.
Toxic vaccinations also aggravate this distressing malady. Mercifully, natural remedies provide an intelligent option — curing eczema gently without the side effects of conventional treatments.
Connecting the dots between eczema, immunity and the gut
The first line of attack in overcoming eczema is healing the gut. Since a majority of those suffering from eczema experience leaky gut syndrome, it is important to take care of the digestive tract. When the intestinal wall becomes overly permeable with this syndrome, toxins pass into the blood stream which triggers an inflammatory response. Allergies and food reactions follow — along with eczema. Unfortunately, this whole cycle taxes the immune system.
One of the best ways to mend the gut and reduce permeability is to adopt an organic whole-food diet with plenty of vegetables, fiber and freshly juiced greens.
Toss out processed and gluten-containing foods, dairy, meat, unsprouted grains and sugar.
Fermented foods are an excellent choice as are probiotics like those found in kefir and yogurt. (See: The 9 Best Fermented Foods for Your Gut.)
Bone broth, with its high collagen content, also assists in healing the gut. Just make sure to source organic grass-fed ingredients.
The amino acid L-glutamine is exceptional for strengthening the intestinal lining and boosting immune function. It also reduces allergies and improves nutrient absorption.
Flax, borage, hemp and pumpkin seed oils supply essential fatty acids that are vital to balancing inflammatory response.
Additionally, evening primrose and sunflower seed oils are first-rate sources of gamma linolenic acid which plays a strong role in skin health.
And don’t forget about chia seeds — another outstanding source of omega-3 fats.
On the herbal front, cat’s claw (una de gato) cleanses the entire digestive tract of dangerous pathogens, thereby reducing reactions that exacerbate eczema.
Persimmon leaf extract is another medicinal herb that demonstrates extraordinary anti-inflammatory properties that clarify the skin and minimize discomfort.
To arrest the intense itch of eczema, several external treatments show promise.
- Coconut oil – Seals and protects the skin while taming inflammation. Antibacterial and anti fungal action prevents infection in open sores.
- Oat Flour and Slippery Elm Powder – Used in warm baths to coat and calm the skin.
- Magnesium Chloride Spray – Applied topically to diminish inflammation.
- Sunflower Seed Oil – Anti-inflammatory. Also serves as an excellent moisture barrier.
- Sea Salt – Add to warm baths. Lends welcome relief from inflammation and pain.
- Bentonite Clay – Detoxifies and comforts the skin when dissolved in a lukewarm bath.
Always remember to drink plenty of purified water throughout the day which flushes out toxins and hydrates the skin. Sleep and stress-reducing exercise are also important for robust immune function.
By detoxifying the body, healing the gut and strengthening the immune system, eczema can be cured naturally without harmful after effects.
- “Heal your gut with the amino acid l-glutamine” Elizabeth Walling, Natural News, September 9, 2011. naturalnews.com/033532_l-glutamine_gut_health
- “10 Home Remedies for Eczema” Rebecca Watkins, Mothership Magazine. naturalmothersnetwork.com
- “Coconut Oil?” Peter Lio, MD, National Eczema Association. nationaleczema.org
- “Eczema” Shirley’s Wellness Cafe. shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/eczema
- “Leaky Gut Syndromes: Breaking The Vicious Cycle” Leo Galland, MD, Foundation for Integrated Medicine. mdheal.org/leakygut
Recommended articles by Carolanne Wright:
- Scientists Warn Chemotherapy Treatment May Encourage Aggressive Tumors and Spread Cancer
- Renowned Harvard Psychologist Says ADHD is Largely a Fraud
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Reverses Fibromyalgia in 70% of Patients, Researchers Find
- Wealth and Social Media Breed Narcissism and Lack of Empathy, Says New Research
- Over 100 Scientific Studies Agree: Cannabis Annihilates Cancer
- If You Care About Animals and the Earth, Here’s Why You Need to Boycott Palm Oil Immediately
- Latest Research on CBD Oil Offers New Hope for Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome and Autoimmune Disorders
- Scientific Breakthrough: Alzheimer’s Ultrasound Therapy Fully Restores Memory Function in Mice
- Why You Should Have a Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamp in Every Room of Your House
- New Research Links Hand Sanitizer Use With Thyroid Cancer
- Google’s True Origin Closely Tied to the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency)
About the author:
Carolanne enthusiastically believes if we want to see change in the world, we need to be the change. As a nutritionist, natural foods chef and wellness coach, Carolanne has encouraged others to embrace a healthy lifestyle of organic living, gratefulness and joyful orientation for over 13 years
Through her website Thrive-Living.net she looks forward to connecting with other like-minded people from around the world who share a similar vision. Follow Carolanne on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.