Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
In a culture that tends to bombard us with pollution, free-radicals, electro-smog and a myriad of vibrational lowering stress, I love to know that every morsel of what I eat is supporting my health and helping keep my vibration high. I love starting off the first meal of the day with a fresh juice or smoothie, loaded with nutritious gems. Below, I’m sharing a recipe for my malty-maca, mango and coconut smoothie that delivers a plethora of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidant properties.
So what is maca? Maca is an incredible plant, growing at extremely high altitudes (7000ft and above) in the Peruvian Mountains. It’s very hardy, surviving in a place where little or no other foods grow (which already tells me that it has some very noteworthy properties to offer). It has adaptogenic properties, which means that it helps you cope in stressful situations – physically, mentally and energetically. It’s well known for supporting and regulating the endocrine system in both men and women. The endocrine system is responsible for healthy functioning of hormones (which are essential for regulation of energy levels, digestion, brain function, the nervous system, fertility and wellness in general). Women have noticed that it helps to balance hormones reducing menopausal and pre-menstrual symptoms, whilst men have observed that it helps support fertility and sexual functions. It’s an all round gift.
So here’s how I make my ‘Malty-Maca, Mango & Coconut Smoothie’…
1/2 large mango
1 ripe banana
150ml plant based milk
1 tablespoon maca powder
1 heaped tablespoon dessicated coconut
1 tablespoon coconut cream
- Peel fruit and blend all ingredients together. I like to use a hand (immersion) blender to save on washing up. Use whatever you have available. You don’t need a particularly strong blender for this tropical medley.
- Save a few sprinkles of dessicated coconut to garnish the top and serve for breakfast.
Further articles by Trinity:
- Chocolate Paradise Coconut Bar Recipe – Vegan, Raw, Absolutely Delicious
Trinity’s Super Cleansing Green Kale & Coriander Drink Recipe
- Make Your Own ‘Loved Up’ Raw Chocolate Brownies (Vegan & Gluten Free!)
- Top Twenty Tips for Conscious Eating
Vegan Gluten-Free Lentil Lasagne with Cashew Cream Sauce (Yummy Recipe)
- The Spirit of the Dolphin
- You Are Enough, Exactly As You Are
- What is Success? A Spiritual Perspective
- Being an Empath
- The Spirituality of Space Clearing: Five Effective Ways to Clear Stagnant Energy
- 4th Dimensional Entities & What You Can Do About Them (Includes Audio Meditation)
- Embracing Spiritual Abundance
About the author:
Trinity is the author of ‘Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen’, a recipe book designed to inspire soul through conscious cuisine. It’s filled with simple, delicious vegan, wheat-free recipes for spiritual evolution.
Trinity’s journey into conscious eating began about twenty years ago during a profound spiritual awakening, at which point a white light surged though her whole being, dissolving everything it touched, radiating the entire field around her until there was nothing but the pure white light of unity consciousness. During this life-changing experience Trinity experienced the soul of all other sentient beings, trees, creatures, people as one pulsating energy. Transcended into a higher realm of unity and oneness, the experience imparted a divine energy that she has been sharing through spiritual work ever since.
Visit Trinity’s new website www.trinityskitchen.com for conscious cuisine or www.Openhandweb.org for a huge archive of deep insights for the spiritual journey (a website Trinity supports along with her soul-mate and husband ‘Open’).