By John Levy
Guest writer for Wake Up World
Creative Cannabis Cuisine
Medical marijuana is both a preventative and treatment for many human afflictions, but smoking is not a healthy or effective way to ingest its medicinal properties. Cannabis edibles are much healthier for you — which is just one reason why cannabis cuisine is taking the world — and the internet — by storm!
Today millions of people are making cannabis edibles at home, and there are thousands of freely available recipes online. And so, we give you these five easy-to-make recipes: Cannabis Salad, Marijuana Granola Bars, Cannabis Banana Bread, Space Cakes, and Chocolate Cannabis Fudge.
Salads are undoubtedly among the healthiest meals, and adding marijuana to it makes it even healthier. Weed salads are ideal for health conscious medical marijuana patients who prefer not to smoke. You will get more medicinal benefits if you use fresh cannabis leaves, but you will not get high from them. Instead, they will help boost immunity and stimulate brain activity. Here is how to make it:
- Cannabis leaves, freshly chopped
- Basil leaves, freshly chopped
- Leafy greens, such as lettuce and spinach, freshly chopped
- Spring onions
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
You will need:
- 2 Bowls
- Vegetable Knife
- Chopping Board
- Combine salad
- Chop cannabis and basil leaves together and place in a bowl.
- Add chopped spring onions, mushrooms, cucumber, tomatoes, and leafy greens to it.
- Put this bowl aside and get the other one ready for the dressing.
- Make dressing
- Peel and chop garlic glove with your knife blade and add it to the empty bowl. Chop olives to your preference and place them in the bowl with the garlic.
- Add vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil to this mixture.
- Season with chili, pepper, and salt.
- Whisk the dressing until well mixed.
- Pour salad dressing over the salad.
- Toss salad well.
You can add any of your favorite ingredients and change the salad as much you want. You can try nuts, legumes, fruits, and other healthy foods for different tastes and textures.
Marijuana Granola Bars
Granola bars are popular with almost everybody. Crunchy and healthy, these chewy delights are convenient to carry around and eat anywhere. Regardless of which ingredients and flavors you choose, granola bars are always tasty, and when infused with marijuana, you will feel a buzz indeed.
You will need either cannabis-infused butter or coconut oil. If you have that, this recipe is quick and easy. (You can find simple cannabis butter recipes here.)
- Weed-infused coconut oil or butter, ½ cup
- Oatmeal, 3 cups
- Chopped nuts, 1 cup
- Your choice of fruits or berries
- Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
- Brown flaxseed meal, ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder, 1 ½ teaspoons
- Maple syrup or honey, ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Optional flavor essences, such as vanilla, strawberry, or even pineapple.
- Preheat oven to 300° Use parchment paper to line biscuit tray.
- Using your hands, combine all dry ingredients together, except salt. Mix cinnamon, nuts, oatmeal, and flaxseed meal. Ground flaxseed will help to absorb the marijuana-infused oil.
- Melt the weed-infused butter or coconut oil into a liquid state. Pour into a separate bowl and add maple syrup or honey, other flavor essences you wish to use, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and combine it together well.
- Spread combined mixture evenly in the baking tray. Do not press down on it.
- Bake for just under 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Before it cools, add any dry or fresh fruits you wish to add, such as raisins or berries, and mix well.
- When it is cool enough to touch, it should still be flexible enough to shape as desired. Once properly cooled, it will harden into tasty breakfasts or snacks.
Cannabis Banana Bread
Everyone loves banana bread. Adding marijuana will turn an old classic into a new exotic delicacy. Many call this recipe “Cross-Eyed Banana Bread,” and with good reason too: You will enjoy a nice high from munching tasty chocolate chips, walnuts and bananas. However, do not overeat this recipe; moderation is the key, since over-consumption of some of the ingredients can reduce its overall health benefits. Here is how to make it:
- Sugar, 1 cup (half brown, half granulated)
- Cannabis butter, 1 cup
- 1 egg
- 3 Bananas
- Milk, 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence, 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- Flour, 2 cups (1 wheat, 1 white)
- Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
- Walnuts, ½ cup
- Chocolate chips, ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 325° Grease nine-by-five bread pan.
- Cream together sugar and cannabis butter until smooth.
- Add egg and whisk until light and fluffy. Set aside and get a new bowl.
- In the new bowl, mash the bananas and then add vanilla and milk. Set aside and grab a third bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Combine thoroughly.
- Combine all three bowls together, one at a time.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add walnuts and chocolate chips and give it one final mix.
- Add mixture to bread pan and place in the oven for an hour, or until cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Stick a knife into the bread to check if cooked through. If yes, turn the pan over and take the bread out.
- Eat when desired, but leave to cool fully before storing.
Space cakes are so famous that everyone knows what they are. Mention the word, and immediately you think of getting high. This recipe is made with marijuana or hash for increased potency, and because they are quite filling, you will be inclined to eat less than your typical munchies food. They make the perfect addition to dinner parties and other social occasions. Here is the recipe:
- All-purpose flour, 1 cup
- Milk, ¾ cup
- 2 eggs
- Sugar, ¾ cup
- Butter, 12 tablespoons or ¾ cup
- Hash, 8 grams
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Using cigarette lighter or candle flame, heat hash until it crumbles easily into the bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter into a thick paste. Use a little to grease your cake pan.
- Mix crumbled hash into the rest of the butter and stir until smooth as possible.
- Add hash butter, milk, flour, sugar, and eggs into a large mixing bowl. Combine ingredients well, and make sure to spread the hash evenly in the batter.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to level and smooth it.
- Cook for 25 minutes, and check to make sure it cooks through.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes and pop it out of the pan. Place it on a wire rack and leave to cool properly.
- Once cooled, decorate as you wish.
Chocolate Cannabis Fudge
Treats seldom come tastier than chocolate fudge. Easy to carry, conceal, and eat anywhere, anytime, this recipe is a favorite among many medical marijuana patients. It is extremely potent, tasty, and highly effective. Once again, you will need already-infused cannabis butter or coconut oil to make this fudge, but once made, you can follow this easy recipe:
- Cannabis butter or coconut oil, ¼ cup
- Granulated sugar, 2 cups
- Cocoa, ½ cup
- Whole milk, 1 cup
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Optional nuts, chopped
You will need:
- 8-by-8 baking tray
- Candy thermometer
- Chopping board
- Wooden spoon
- Grease baking tray and set aside.
- Place candy thermometer into the pot.
- Add milk, cocoa, and sugar to the pot and whisk until well combined.
- Bring mixture to the boil while stirring continuously. Once boiled, decrease the heat to a simmer.
- When the thermometer reaches 238 degrees, it is the right temperature.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes or until you can touch it but before it hardens.
- Add vanilla, cannabis butter and nuts while the mixture is still soft. Using the wooden spoon, beat mixture thoroughly until it thickens, loses its glossiness, and appears matt instead.
- Pour into the baking tray and refrigerate for approximately half an hour or until it sets nicely.
- Remove from fridge, pop it out of the tray, and chop into the shapes and sizes you desire.
Cannabis recipes for a healthy life are widely available. So long as you consume the right strains, with the right cannabinoids, for your condition, you will benefit significantly from taking it. For those not interested in either growing their own harvests or dirtying their kitchens, cannabis delivery is available to all patients across California, and soon the entire United States.
Author bio: John Levy is a blogger for Pot Valet, a leading company to provide cannabis delivery service in Santa Barbara. He has 5 years of experience in the Cannabis industry and loves sharing health benefits of marijuana and related products. You can follow Pot Valet on Google+ and Facebook.