Contributing writer for Wake Up World
The comings and goings of spirituality and symbolism ebbs and flows. The symbolism of numbers sways less so, and the meaning of mathematics sways little if at all.
The most outstanding number of all numerology is 108. 108 is an amazing number in its symbolism and outstanding in its mathematics especially when pertaining to the base 10 numerological system.
In my obsession with 108, as I was authoring 108 Steps to Be in The Zone, I learned a Green Tara meditation practice which described a certain quantity of mantra repetitions and I related the number via 108 to find a most beautiful equation, here:
Recently the Sumerian Kings List came to my attention in relation to the numerology and metaphysics of 108. I was contemplating the validity of the application of the idea pertaining to the 8 (8 is symbolic for a complete set that is applicable to the infinite, like the 8 trigrams of The I’Ching) Immortal Kings who ruled in 5 (the number of elements in Chinese Taoist dynamic element system) different cities over a long period of time. 8 is in and of itself the number of immortality and the infinite.
One city, Bad-tibara, was home to three of the kings who ruled for a total of 108,000 years. These kings ruled in time periods of 43,200, 28,800 and 36,000 (36 is one-third of 108) years for a total of 108,000 years. The 36,000 and the 108,000 reasoned applying the 108 arithmetic.
The Immortal Kings List
- After the kingship descended from heaven, the kingship was in Eridug.
- In Eridug, Alulim became king; he ruled for 28800 years.
- Alaljar ruled for 36000 years. 2 kings; they ruled for 64800 years.
- Then Eridug fell and the kingship was taken to Bad-tibira.
- In Bad-tibira, En-men-lu-ana ruled for 43200 years.
- En-men-gal-ana ruled for 28800 years. Dumuzid, the shepherd, ruled for 36000 years. 3 kings; they ruled for 108000 years.
- Then Bad-tibira fell and the kingship was taken to Larag.
- In Larag, En-sipad-zid-ana ruled for 28800 years.
- 1 king; he ruled for 28800 years.
- Then Larag fell and the kingship was taken to Zimbir.
- In Zimbir, En-men-dur-ana became king; he ruled for 21000 years.
- 1 king; he ruled for 21000 years.
- Then Zimbir fell and the kingship was taken to Curuppag.
- 8) In Curuppag, Ubara-Tutu became king; he ruled for 18600 years.
- 1 king; he ruled for 18600 years.
- In 5 cities 8 kings; they ruled for 241200 years.
- Then the flood swept over.
The presentation of The Sumerian Kings reveals time periods of kingship centered in five city-state capitals before the great flood, the same flood that The Biblical stories reference. The Biblical relationships to The 8 Immortal Kings are many, but for now we are just going to focus on the numbers by way of their presentation in 5 sets of 8 kings and the total time spent in the city state.
It is interesting, and suspicious in reference to the random length of life or rule that one would expect, that 28000 is repeated three times and 36000 appears twice. One would expect there to be a more random number set for any length of time, especially over tens of thousands of years. So what were the time periods of the rule of The Eight Immortal Kings communicating?
Application of 108 arithmetic to the numbers makes things become more interesting and really potentially suggestive that there is something being communicated, some riddle being presented that requires deciphering to first perceive it and then further to answer it.
28800 and 36000 total 64800
28800 Divided By 108 = 266.6666666
28 is the number of days in four weeks, the number of days in human menstrual period and the number of years of The reign of Osiris and near the average number of days in lunar cycle.
36000 Divided By 108 = 333.3333333 36 is the number of ancient constellations and the number of Egyptian decans which divided the sky. It is 18 multiplied by 2.
Total of 64800 Divided By 108 = 600
64 is the number of squares on the chess board, the number of changes in the I’Ching (Book of Changes) and is 8 multiplied by 8.
266.6 + 333.3 = 599.9
43200 and 28800 and 36000 total 108000
43200 Divided By 108 = 400
432 HZ is described as a healing tone, and of course is 108 X 4.
28800 Divided By 108 = 266.6666666
36000 Divided By 108 = 333.3333333
Total of 108000 Divided by 108 = 1000
400 + 266.6 + 333.3 = 999.9
28800 Divided By 108 = 266.6666666 Again we see the 28800. Could this possibly be demonstrating three months?
21,000 Divided By 108 = 194.4444444
18600 Divided By 108 = 172.2222222 18 is a highly auspicious number in many traditions.
Total of last three kings 28800 + 21000 + 18600 = 68400 Divided By 108 = 633.3333333
Total rule of Eight Kings 241,200 Divided By 108 = 2233.3333333
It is important to note that The Sumerians practiced a base 60 mathematical system rather than base 10. With that in mind 60 divided by 108 is .55555555. Now I do not pretend to comprehend what is being communicated here, but it appears to that something is being communicated, so I wanted to share the concept for others to develop on and build off who have more mathematical and historical insight.
108 Steps to Be In The Zone
Want to learn more about the metaphysical relationship of 108, and how it can help you live “in the zone”? Check out Ethan Indigo Smith’s book 108 Steps to Be in The Zone.
In this work, Ethan provides a set of 108 meditative practices and steps toward self discovery and individual betterment, including techniques to develop balance, transmute sexual energy and better the self.
“Ethan’s work on meditation achieves a level of rarefied quality so necessary to metaphysical writing and teaching. The 108 Steps is simple and profound, and rich in details and analogies that bring the inner truths of diverse traditions into usefulness in the present time. Ethan’s writing… lays out a system that can be used beneficially to reveal one’s inner nature and the truths we all seek sooner or later.” ~ Laura Peppard, Founder and Director of the Reno Psychic Institute.
“108 Steps to Be in The Zone” is available here on Amazon.com.
Recommended articles by Ethan Indigo Smith:
- Ascension: Why Impartiality is the Simplest Path to Wisdom
- Thoth the Sacred Geometer
- Nuclear Experimentation Year 77: Postcarious
- Fuxi, The Sacared Geometer of the East
- The Essence of the Matrix of Four
- Quantum Tai Chi
- The Esoteric Answer to the Riddle of the Sphinx
- The Sacred Geometry of Tarot
- The Four Dimensions of the Tree of Life – Part 1
- The Duality of Polarity: Beyond Nationalism and Globalism
- The Energy of the Divine Masculine
About the author:
Activist, author and Tai Chi teacher Ethan Indigo Smith was born on a farm in Maine and lived in Manhattan for a number of years before migrating west to Mendocino, California. Ethan’s work is both deeply connected and extremely insightful, blending philosophy, politics, activism, spirituality, meditation and a unique sense of humor.
You can connect with Ethan on Facebook, check out his author page on Amazon, or visit his new websites, Geometry Of Energy and Meditation 108, where Ethan offers lessons on individuation, meditation, the conceptualization of energy, and the metaphysical significance of 108.
Ethan’s books include:
- The Geometry of Energy: How to Meditate: Simple and profound, this book offers an empowering four-step meditation, focused through the sacred dimensions of geometry.
- The Little Green Book of Revolution an inspirational book based on ideas of peaceful revolution, historical activism and caring for the Earth like Native Americans.
- Meditation and Geometry for The Youth: A short and sweet book to introduce young people to meditation and sacred geometry, in a simple format for the youth and youthful alike.
- 108 Steps to Be In The Zone, a set of 108 meditative practices for self discovery and individual betterment, including techniques to develop balance, transmute sexual energy.