Guest Writer for Wake Up World
There is something about the human condition that makes us feel we need to wait for the ‘perfect time’… the perfect time to get married… get a divorce… start your degree… have a difficult conversation… leave a toxic job… move home… start your own business… and so on.
And yes, while there are practical considerations and planning that must go into the making of major life decisions such as these, there is a critical point at which ‘legitimate’ reasons for making a decision, or a change that needs to be made, become unwitting fronts for your fears.
The moment at which this happens is the moment at which disconnection from life’s creative flow, your intuition and energetic paralysis unknowingly occur. This is the point at which you start feeling that you are throwing your energy down the infamous big-black-hole, despite your best intentions and efforts to create a happy, fulfilled and purposeful life.
Being able to recognise this exact moment at times in your own past life experiences is nothing less than spiritual gold. This is the precise measure of self-awareness you need in order to determine whether there is a situation or an area in your life right now in which you are – for lack of a better term – ‘spinning your wheels’.
The Illusion of Safety
It is no secret that the feeling of safety is of paramount importance in order for you to thrive. Sometimes however, as we move through adulthood, the lines between true physical, mental, emotional and spiritual safety and an un-changing, soul-destroying, mind-numbing predictability can get very blurred.
This is what is known as the illusion of safety – a mechanism we unwittingly use to ‘buy ourselves time’. We value certainty, and are fearful of the unknown. So, living a life of predictability, we validate ‘reasons’ that make us stay in the ‘safe’ bounds of what we know, and stand in the way of us stepping into our true self in the present time.
Why do you unconsciously feel a need to ‘buy time’? For the fact that it can be scary and unnerving?
Step into your brilliance – step into the unknown!
Where this confusion between safety and predictability exists, there is usually an inadvertent denial of or resistance to the mysterious order that normally serves up new more aligned opportunities and experiences day to day. In other words, we get caught in the trap of believing you are the ‘controller’ of our life experiences. Sadly, this is often synonymous with feeling stuck in a rut, wondering why we feel so disconnected from the inherent synchronicity of life.
It can be difficult, feeling like we just can’t seem to step into our magic and life’s creative flow, and consciously create a happy and harmonious outer life. This can cause us to;
– become frustrated
– feel disempowered
– feel resentful of others who seem to be able to do this with ease
– second guess our self and our true capability; feel disconnected from our inner knowing
– think that life has given us a raw deal; that unhappiness, lack and suffering are our lot
– feel like there is a malevolent force that prevents us from succeeding
– punish our self (and others!) for not being able to do/be/achieve what we feel we ought to
The truth is, there is never going to be a perfect time – a time that is convenient and obvious – for you to step into your inner knowing, fullest potential, brilliance and truth.
In this present moment, as you read these words, your freedom from whatever it is that binds you is looking you in the face. The only thing that stands between you and what you really want to experience in this lifetime is yourself.
You might find yourself resisting that last statement, at first. Yes, it might certainly appear that there are external situations and obstacles that stand in your way, but there is the time-tested secret to creating the real and lasting freedom you long for;
When you begin healing and shifting in your inner landscape, your outer world has no option but to shift accordingly.
Here are the steps that will help you find your way (back) to a place of true connectedness with your intuition and inner spiritual light, which will ultimately enable you to start shifting your external situation as well;
- Giving yourself permission to show up to yourself in this present moment of now.
- Making a conscious decision to embrace your whole self – the good, bad and the ugly – not least, because you are the only one who truly can.
- Consider what the notion or vibration of self-love, healing and forgiveness feels like when you allow yourself to channel it into your relationship with yourself, your interactions and days
- Choose self-forgiveness, healing and self-love. Make it your top priority within yourself and in daily living
- Give up on the belief that you know better than universal order how to fashion a life that is validating, purposeful and honours the real you. If you did, you would be living that life by now.
- Tune in to the faint voice of your intuition that knows where you can begin making choices and changes that honour your commitment to your happiness, healing and self-actualisation. Note: the chances are going to be high that what your intuition is suggesting is going to be scary – that’s a good sign – it signals that you are beginning to release the tight reins of control!
- Trust yourself and just go for it! Follow your intuition…remember this is the start of shift you’ve wanted to create. Your intuition will not lead you astray. Rather, it has all the answers you will ever need.
Just a word of caution if you follow these steps… Hold on for the ride! Things will start changing, and you may have neither the inclination nor the time to look back!
Previous articles by Caroline:
- Is Fear Holding You Back From Getting What You Really Need?
- Are You Waiting for Inspiration? Or Intuition?
- Step Into Your Brilliance
About the author:
Caroline wants to live in a world where it’s easy for others to connect with their innermost desires and experience the exhilaration that comes when they find their groove. An Intuitive Life Coach, Caroline is the creator and facilitator of Everyday Alchemy: Intuition at Work and Play, a system of intuitive self-healing programs, thoughtfully designed to help you reveal your own essential energetic, intuitive and creative nature, and effect positive, meaningful life change.
You can experience Caroline’s work by joining the Everyday Alchemy community, a platform designed to give you greater self-understanding and alignment with your inner knowing, spiritual purpose and needs. In this confidential and sacred space you are invited via online teleconference each month not only to show up as your most authentic self but to participate in various combinations of group discussion, journaling exercises, guided meditations, intuitive coaching and energy-based self-healing techniques.
Follow Caroline on Facebook at Facebook.com/thealchemistwithin