Guest writer for Wake Up World
Millions of women suffer from premenstrual syndrome. Bloating, breakouts, pain, headaches, cramp, fatigue and irritability, the list of symptoms attributed to PMS are endless.
Month after month, some women dread the onset of their periods and the discomfort that accompanies it. Some use over-the-counter painkillers or pills that suppress the symptoms of PMS. These painkillers only mask the important messages their body is trying to send to them. Cleansing toxins from the body may provide better relief to the problems, not just the symptoms!
Menstruation is a natural cleansing process but when pain and discomfort accompany it, the body is toxic and should be cleansed through natural methods.
Follow a Healthy, Organic Diet
Make healthy changes in your diet. Think of your menstrual time as a measure of what you have done to your body and mind throughout the month. If you have had a particularly stressful month, eaten processed, fried or sugary foods, or high amounts of red meat, you will probably have a more difficult menstrual cycle.
Switch to all organic products. It’s well worth the expense to free yourself from the added hormones and synthetic agents that wreak havoc on your own delicate hormonal balance. Increasing your water intake also helps.
What You Can Do to Ease PMS Symptoms
- Get plenty of rest. Get a good night’s rest throughout the month. This is the time when your body processes what you have done during the day. The ideal amount of sleep needed is 7 to 8 hours.
- Increase Your Daily Amount of Calcium. I then recommend increasing the intake of magnesium and calcium. Calcium and magnesium orotate seems to work the best. The American Journal of OBGYN states that calcium intake can reduce PMS symptoms . The Journal also recommends increasing foods that are rich in calcium such as leafy greens and calcium-fortified foods. If you don’t get enough calcium through your diet, then try using a calcium supplement.
- Exercise regularly. Make sure to follow a regular exercise routine as well. This will increase your mood levels, detox the body, improve circulation, improve skin quality, and leave you with an overall feeling of well-being. Yoga, Pilates and meditation are very useful for reducing your stress levels, and are excellent for moving energy, both on a physical and mental level.
- Alternative methods. I recommend first doing a colon cleanse, then a liver and gallbladder cleanse, followed by a harmful organism cleanse and finally a chemicals and heavy metals cleanse.
Consider acupuncture and herbs for relief from PMS and cramping. Give the cycle about 2 months of weekly attention to see major improvements. As PMS and cramping are most often associated with an imbalance in the liver, as well as blood circulation stagnation, acupuncture can help recirculate the qi (energy), balancing the body and mind.
An all-natural topical cream can also help ease PMS cramps and back pain. Women apply this and massage it into the lower abdominal areas to help relieve the pain and relax the muscles.
You don’t have to “put up” with the monthly struggle of PMS. In my research with thousands of women, I have seen that many women have resigned themselves to putting up with their monthly PMS and menopause symptoms . They believe that it is normal. Acupuncture, herbs, and liver/colon and body cleansing have shown dramatic results.
- J.G. Using Calcium to Combat PMS Symptoms. The Free Library. 1998 November 01.
- Family Health Guide. Managing the Signs and Symptoms of Menopause.
Recommended articles by Dr. Edward Group:
- The Top 10 Detox Herbs
- Learn How to Lower Cortisol Levels Naturally
- Study Finds Antidepressants to be Depressingly Ineffective
- The 9 Best Fermented Foods for Your Gut
- 14 Foods that Cleanse the Liver
- Top 5 Foods for the Pineal Gland
- The Importance of a Kidney Cleansing Diet
- The 9 Best Herbs for Lung Cleansing and Respiratory Support
- 7 Best Foods to Support Kidney Function
- How Fluoride Damages Pineal Gland Health
- 10 Uses for Organic Oregano Oil
- Lung Cleanse: 10 Ways to Detox Your Lungs
About the author:
Dr. Edward F. Group III (DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM) founded Global Healing Center in 1998 with the goal of providing the highest quality natural health information and products. He is world-renowned for his research on the root cause of disease. Under his leadership, Global Healing Center earned recognition as one of the largest natural and organic health resources in the world. Dr. Group is a veteran of the United States Army and has attended both Harvard and MIT business schools. He is a best-selling author and a frequent guest on radio and television programs, documentary films, and in major publications.
Dr. Group centers his philosophy around the understanding that the root cause of disease stems from the accumulation of toxins in the body and is exacerbated by daily exposure to a toxic living environment. He believes it is his personal mission to teach and promote philosophies that produce good health, a clean environment, and positive thinking. This, he believes, can restore happiness and love to the world.
For more, please visit Global Healing Center.