Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
Whilst working diligently on my new recipe book ‘Angelicious‘, I just had to stop and share one of the latest tasty treats as it emerges from my kitchen – because I know how excited most of us get at the thought of consciously created cookies! With all the challenges on the spiritual journey, it can certainly help to stop and enjoy the simple things in life.
These cookies are naturally gluten-free using oats, ground almonds and desiccated coconut (although if you are allergic to gluten, be sure that your oats haven’t been processed in a factory along with wheat). As with all of my recipes, they are free from egg, dairy and refined sugar, whilst using coconut oil, banana and tahini to bind and weave in some decadent, wholesome magic. Nurturing hints of nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla bring the whole nirvanic experience together, for a delicious, soft, slightly chewy sweet treat.
Nirvana Nutmeg Cookies Recipe
Makes: 7 cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
• 100g oats (about 1 ¼ cups)
• 3 tablespoons ground almonds
• 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
• 2 heaped tablespoons raisins
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• ½ small ripe banana
• 1 tablespoon tahini
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Basic ‘how to’ instructions:
- Measure all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the banana, add to the bowl and then mix in roughly.
- Make a small well in the middle of your ingredients; add all the wet ingredients into the well and then mix everything together thoroughly. Use the back of a metal spoon to press down and press into the mixture to help the ingredients combine. Be sure that everything is thoroughly mixed (i.e. no lumps of banana or tahini).
- Shape into golf ball sized balls and then gently flatten into cookie shapes about a ½ to ¾ of an inch thick and carefully place on an oiled baking tray. If the cookies crumble whilst shaping, then just compress them more firmly between your hands, pressing any stray pieces of mixture right back into the cookie.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated at gas mark 5 (190C/375F) for about 15 minutes or until the tops catch a very light tan.
- Once baked, carefully place onto a cooling tray and allow to cool before serving (cooling allows them to firm before you tuck in).
Check out my latest recipe video for a step by step guide on how to make them here…
From my heart to yours,
More articles by Trinity Bourne:
- Trinity’s Carob and Coconut Cake Recipe (Gluten Free, Sugar Free & Vegan)
- Top Tips for Making Deliciously Healthy Salads
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Recipe (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- The Health Benefits of Beetroot – Recipes Included
- Chickpea & Mushroom Burger Recipe (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Global Animal Industries – the Ghosts in Our Machine
- All About Avocados – Health Benefits, Tips and Recipes
- Foraging Guide – with 12 Nutritious Wild Plants That Anyone Can Find
- Keeping Slugs & Snails Off Your Veggies – Compassionately
- The Benefits of Lemon Balm – a Must in Any Garden
- Chocolate Paradise Coconut Bar Recipe – Vegan, Raw, Absolutely Delicious!
- Rosemary’s Amazing Health Benefits
About the author:
Trinity is an experienced, empathic energy worker and the author of ‘Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen’, a recipe book designed to inspire the soul through conscious vegan, wheat-free cuisine.
Around 18 years ago, during a profound spiritual awakening, the world around her shattered. She became engulfed in a white, universal, timeless, formless light until nothing else existed – other than the nameless truth at the core of all sentient beings. During this life-changing experience Trinity experienced the soul of all other sentient beings, trees, creatures, people as one pulsating energy. Transcending her into a higher realm of unity and oneness, this experience imparted a divine energy that she has been sharing through spiritual work ever since.
Understanding that the energy of our food directly impacts sentient life on all levels, Trinity founded Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen, a website devoted to inspiring the soul through conscious vegan cuisine. She is the co-founder of the Openhand Foundation, an organisation dedicated to the evolution of humankind. She works as the divine complement to her soul mate Open to help facilitate the global Ascension process and feels incredibly blessed to be of divine service.
For more conscious recipe ideas, pick up Trinity’s book Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen, an inspiring collection of vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free recipes for the body, heart and soul.