Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
Chickpeas (garbonzo beans) are high in protein as well as having plentiful manganese, copper, phosphorus, iron and folic acid.
This Chickpea & Mushroom Burger is an excellent way to enjoy a super healthy, high-protein, vegan, gluten-free meal, whilst using optimal plant-based ingredients.
I’ve created this version to be pleasantly moist on the inside with a lovely soft crisp on the outside – so you can enjoy it with OR without the addition of a sauce. It works wonders with a salad or potato wedges, or in a bap with salad/sauce toppings.
Chickpea & Mushroom Burger
- 240g (9oz) chickpeas (about 1 tin drained weight)
- 2 level tablespoons gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 small red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 75g tasty mushrooms (small handful)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Half teaspoon sea salt
- Half medium sized apple
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 medium sized tomato
- Crush garlic, dice onion and chop the mushrooms into small pieces; saute together in a pan for a few minutes.
- Roughly mash chickpeas in a large mixing bowl with a potato masher or fork. This involves a bit of work to really get in there! The mash doesn’t have to be totally smooth, although you do need to give it a good pressing so that a lot of it is quite mushy. It’s fine to leave a few rustic looking pieces.
- Grate the half apple (including skin).
- Add the gram flour, tahini, salt and apple and mix all together using the back of a metal spoon (to press down and help support the binding process).
- Finely chop the rosemary and chop tomato into small pieces.
- Add the sauteed items along with all remaining ingredients into bowl, pressing down and mixing thoroughly with a metal spoon.
- Divide into 4 and firmly shape and mould into patties.
- Place onto a grill tray and heat under a medium grill for approximately 8 minutes on each side (or until nicely tanned).
Please do feel free to comment if you try this out.
Shared with love from my heart to yours,
For more gluten-free, vegan dishes check out Trinity’s Gluten-Free Vegan Dishes.
More articles by Trinity Bourne:
- Global Animal Industries – the Ghosts in Our Machine
- Recipe – Vegan Banana & Chocolate Cupcakes (Wheat-Free & Delicious)
- Trusting the Divine Through Uncertain Times
- All About Avocados – Health Benefits, Tips and Recipes
- Foraging Guide – with 12 Nutritious Wild Plants That Anyone Can Find
- Keeping Slugs & Snails Off Your Veggies – Compassionately
- The Benefits of Lemon Balm – a Must in Any Garden
- The Spirit of the Dolphin
- The Spirituality of Space Clearing: 5 Effective Ways to Clear Stagnant Energy
- Being an Empath
- Chocolate Paradise Coconut Bar Recipe – Vegan, Raw, Absolutely Delicious!
- Rosemary’s Amazing Health Benefits
- Who Pays the Price? The Human Cost of Consumer Electronics
About the author:
Trinity is an experienced, empathic energy worker and the author of ‘Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen’, a recipe book designed to inspire the soul through conscious vegan, wheat-free cuisine.
Around 18 years ago, during a profound spiritual awakening, the world around her shattered. She became engulfed in a white, universal, timeless, formless light until nothing else existed – other than the nameless truth at the core of all sentient beings. During this life-changing experience Trinity experienced the soul of all other sentient beings, trees, creatures, people as one pulsating energy. Transcending her into a higher realm of unity and oneness, this experience imparted a divine energy that she has been sharing through spiritual work ever since. She has integrated a wide variety of multidimensional gifts, and works hand in hand with the Angelic Realms, guided by a deep compassion for the Earth and environment.
Understanding that the energy of our food directly impacts sentient life on all levels, Trinity founded Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen, a website devoted to inspiring the soul through conscious vegan cuisine. She is the co-founder of the Openhand Foundation, an organisation dedicated to the evolution of humankind. She works as the divine complement to her soul mate Open to help facilitate the global Ascension process and feels incredibly blessed to be of divine service.
For more information, check out Trinity’s new book Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen on Amazon or visit Openhandweb.org for a huge archive of deep insights for the spiritual journey.