Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
In spiritual evolution you’ll often hear of the need to develop trust. But Trust in what?
Trust in the divine perhaps or trust in oneself. Or maybe we need trust that everything will turn out fine – whatever ‘fine’ actually means. Clearly, it relates in some way to letting go and accepting the flow of life. But does that mean acceptance of anything goes?
We need to really understand the concept of trust and how to develop it. This is utterly crucial in the complexity of life in society right now.
The Opposite of Control
Of course we’re very used to a world of control. Society is configured on a blatantly rigid agenda of how they want things work. Not that the shadow is going to get things all its way, but even to bring the light through we’ll have to blend and mediate through it some how. The problem is, that from an early age, in order to function in society, people are conditioned to conform, to be bent and molded to fit the ‘right’ patterns.
I can distinctly recall emerging from the energy of that restrictive prison. It felt like an energetic encasement, a suit of armour almost. You have to work into these layers and break them down by letting go into them as they arise – just like peeling off the layers of the proverbial onion. It’s through this that the inherent interconnectivity of life and the flow through the moment reveal themselves. Progressively you stretch your ‘wings’ outwards, and somehow, the universe will always rise to support you.
But you have to know what the flow is. If the control aspect is still hanging on to a degree and needing the outcome to go a particular way, then it limits your ability read the flow, align with it and thereby develop trust in the divine. So the key is to understand where the flow is going.
Where does the flow take you?
We often speak about this here on Openhandweb and in our work. It seems we’re often heading against the spiritual mainstream, and in particular, the concept of using connection to the divine in order to shape the life people might want. But who exactly is wanting? And how is this trust in the divine if it still has to go a particular way?
What if the purpose of life is to reveal the magnificence of who you are? What if there’s nothing else going on? Ever. When you burst through the ego, you touch the place of this infinite potential. It’s like crystal clear clarity and you realise you ARE that. What’s more, there is nothing else. All that you’ve struggled and efforted for falls away. The bubble of the illusion bursts. What’s more, you start to realise that as the One, you will create ENDLESSLY. And so soul does have a specific direction that then crystallises the field around you in a way that is abundant and harmonious. You just have to let the soul flow!
There will come a point on the path where you’ll probably realise it’s not worth being anywhere else other than in this hallowed space. In which case, any limitation or contraction – lack of trust for example – would be confronted by this One Self – it would invite you to burst through your limitation, by configuring events and circumstances to confront the limitation.
Meeting the Universe Halfway
If you begin to switch perspective in life from trying to gain an outcome from it, to instead observing yourself; looking to expand into any contraction that arises; to keep unleashing true beingness, then something truly miraculous happens – you begin to experience the unseen hand of the Universe supporting your every move.
But you have to meet the universe halfway to do this. And denial of the quiet directive doesn’t serve either – it leads to a false, intellectual enlightenment, a shadow of the real thing. Meeting the universe halfway takes surrender – trust. It’s the universe waiting for your initiation, for you to make the first step. Hence you have to go out on a limb to break down the fear and need to control.
You have to be prepared to make yourself vulnerable.
Opening Up to the Moment
If you can accept the moment to the degree you need no outcome from it, then you begin to open to the moment. But it’s not an acceptance of anything goes. It’s not giving up. You find instead, that as you soften and open, increased sensitivity and awareness arises. You start to pick up, amplify and channel the energy of the divine. You unleash gifts of beingness you could never have predicted you’d have.
Here’s the challenge though – as you’re letting go, the soul will arise through you, compelling you into action (assuming the ego continues to let go). And as you present into the world, you’ll confront yet more tightness as the soul explores different aspects of being – like divine will for example. So the letting go, opening up and unfolding, must become a continual process, a continual liberating expression.
To do this, you have to put yourself in the place of the unknown – to take small risks and chances in the beginning – driving a different way to work for example. Risk speaking your truth, irrespective of the outcome. Go out free-wheeling and see what comes back to you. Learn to navigate from the flash of higher knowing or the heart-felt pull that wants to take you in a certain direction. There is no “on/off” button for trust. It’s not all or nothing. It’s something we have to forge in the daily crucible of life.
Developing Trust in the Divine – 7 Techniques
So what can you do to develop more trust in the divine flow today?
1) Notice that if you’re truly following the flow, then you’ll be brought to a point of challenge, of confrontation. There’ll be all the excuses in the world why not to follow the pull. Watch this place of denial and contraction
2) At some point – assuming you want to progress – you’re going to have to start breaking into these resistances – to follow what you know you’re really given to do. Ask yourself does it serve you to continue with the limitation?
3) Watch the physical/emotional impact of the resistance. Your body may get tight, breathing short, attention is distracted from full awareness of the moment. Think to yourself “what’s the worst possible outcome that could happen here?”
4) Contemplate this deeply and all the time, remember that you are the inviolable source of all that is. That you created this victimisation to expand into the fullness that you are
5) Now soften into the tightness, feel through them, know yourself as the One
6) As you open into this void of emptiness, let true beingness arise, then follow through with the fullest expression of truth that you can. Even if this means simply committing to a different pathway home.
7) Watch the synchronicity as the universe comes in to meet you.
A Greater Possibility of Yourself
What have you got to lose? Why stay in the limitation? Why not expand a greater possibility in yourself? I guarantee that if you do this, you’ll discover things about yourself you never dreamed possible. Your trust in the divine will escalate. And what’s more, trust in yourself – as a being – will flourish too.
I hasten to add that trust won’t solve the situation or predicament you find yourself in – it won’t make things ‘right’ in the way we might want them to go. Instead, it brings you into alert awareness, where you’re constantly adapting, blending and flowing with the moment – you’re looking for ever finer expressions of your innate beingness; around which, the Universe always shapes resources and right action. Your expression will succeed.
That’s what I get from this amazing video about trust. It speaks to me of pushing the envelope. But not recklessly. Rather do so with awareness and surrender into the moment – feeling and intuiting exactly what wants to happen next. Be inspired…
Here at Openhand we help people develop trust in the natural flow of the soul and your divine connection. If you feel this would benefit you, explore our work…
Openhand Ascension Academy
In loving support
Originally published at Openhand and republished here with permission.
Recommended articles by Open:
- 5D Ascension Timeline: How Much Longer Do We Have Left?
- 5D Ascension: The Pleiadians and the Toroidal Flow
- Unleashing Your Multidimensionality: Parable of Lao Tzu and the Dragon
- Taking the Inner Journey to Higher Dimensions, 5D, 6D, 7D
- Crypto in Aquarius: Currency Wars in The Global Fight for Freedom
- Dawning Age of Aquarius and the 5D Ascension Shift
- 5D Shift: Essential Evidence of a Widespread Awakening Underway
- Twin Flames and Soul Mates: Understanding Their True Nature
- 5D Shift: The 4th Industrial Revolution and the Hybrid 3D/5D State
- Ascension into the 5th Dimension – Exploring Primary Concepts
About the author:
Openhand is a unique approach to spiritual evolution: integrating enlightened wisdom of spiritual masters through the ages, it is a way of tapping into the Benevolent Guiding Consciousness of the Universe and aligning with it in your life. It helps you unveil your True Self, remove karmic blockages and unfold your Divine Destiny. It leads to authentic, resilient and truly successful living.
Join us… Openhandweb • Openhand Facebook • Openhand TV