By Gavin Bragg
Guest Writer for Wake Up World
With thousands of detoxes out there these days it’s hard to know what works and what doesn’t. Many detox products remove only a limited range of toxins from the body and add a burden to the body’s excretory systems. But, with an increasing amount of chemicals introduced to our environment each year, finding a detox solution that works is so important.
Zeolite is a natural volcanic mineral which, like hemp, is known for its ability to absorb radioactive and heavy metals like cesium and strontium-90 in environments affected by nuclear disaster. Although people in Asia have been taking it as a health remedy for more than 800 years, modern science is only beginning to catch up to its health benefits as a dietary supplement.
Zeolites and Heavy Metals
A pilot study by holistic physician Dr. Gabriel Cousens M.D., M.D.(H) tested toxicity levels in the liver, breast and brain of subjects before and after administering a short-term detox protocol — a controlled diet of green vegetable juice and NCD Zeolite, a formula derived from the clinoptilolite zeolite crystal (pictured above) that was initially developed by Dr. Cousens as a detox agent for prospective parents before conception. Promisingly, by the end of the 7 day test period, toxicity levels in the subjects showed the reduction of the tested toxic materials in the body by an average of 88%. In all, over 700 different chemicals were removed, including mercury, lead, depleted uranium, PFOA, teflon, herbicides, pesticides and xeno-estrogens. [source]
In a subsequent clinical study, “Activated clinoptilolite suspension removes heavy metals without removing vital electrolytes“, tested the use of zeolite as a detoxifying agent on two different study groups and one control group. It provided:
“… clinical evidence supporting the use of an activated clinoptilolite [zeolite] suspension to safely and effectively increase the urinary excretion of potentially toxic heavy metals in healthy volunteers without negatively impacting the electrolyte profiles of the participants. Significant increases in the urinary excretion of aluminum, antimony, arsenic, bismuth, cadmium, lead, mercury, nickel and tin were observed in the subjects participating in the two study groups as compared to placebo controls.”
According to Dr. Cousens, zeolite may provide:
“… [a] breakthrough in detoxifying the human body of the carcinogens, heavy metals, viruses, bacteria, fungi, and overall acid conditions that promote and cause disease… In observing thousands of fasters since 1988, [juice] fasting alone — although wonderful for enhancing the vital force — does not significantly get rid of pesticides, herbicides, and heavy metals after 1 week…
“Some 70,000 chemicals are being dumped into our environment, 65,000 of which are potentially hazardous to our health. We live in a virtual sea of pollutants, and carry many of these toxins within us. They can be found even in unborn children. A 2004 study by the Environmental Working Group identified 287 industrial chemicals in babies’ umbilical-cord blood, including 180 known to cause cancer and 217 that are toxic to the brain and nervous system…
“[Zeolite] has a unique, negatively charged, crystalline structure… formed from the fusion of lava and ocean water… It has a chelation-like effect in removing heavy metals (particularly lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic), pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, and other toxins from the body, shown in a study of miners at Duke University. These toxins are strongly correlated with the occurrence of a wide range of diseases, including cancers and neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s, autism, and dementia…” [source]
How Does Zeolite Work?
Zeolite is a negatively charged, crystalline structure formed from the fusion of volcanic lava and ocean water. The molecules in zeolite contain a magnetic energy that attracts and holds several types of toxins at a molecular level which, taken orally, pull metals out of body tissues and into the zeolite itself. It is then passed safely through the urinary tract, without depleting the body of essential electrolytes.
Zeolite also blocks viral replication, does not disrupt the electrolyte profile, and naturally establishes an optimal pH level (between 7.35 and 7.45), which activates healthy brain, immune and liver function and supports the elimination of pesticides, herbicides, and xeno-estrogens. This makes zeolite especially suitable as a detox agent; by removing common heavy metals like lead, aluminum cadmium, arsenic and mercury from the body, it can potentially help to heal a range of toxicity-related diseases while supporting (not burdening) the body’s eliminatory systems. Zeolite has also been used medicinally for blood purification and the treatment of harmful micro-organisms.
Says Dr. Cousens:
“The basic mechanism we can draw from the literature and my present pilot study is that, by removing heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, and DU [depleted uranium], as well as through its effect of increasing immune system function, alkalizing the blood, blocking viral replication, and neutralizing free radicals, the NCD [zeolite] removes the blocks which compromise the vital life force. When the vital life force is freed up and activated, the body’s natural ability does the healing and relieving of these chronic diseases itself… The basic natural healing theory for all chronic diseases.”
Staying clean of heavy metals is becoming one of our biggest health challenges today. For this reason, zeolite may be one of the best way to achieve and maintain good health in the 21st century. To find out more, please visit www.pureliquidzeolite.com
- Dogliotti G, Malavazos AE, Giacometti S, Solimene U, Fanelli M, Corsi MM, Dozio E. Natural zeolites chabazite/phillipsite/analcime increase blood levels of antioxidant enzymes. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2012 May;50(3):195-8. doi: 10.3164/jcbn.11-63. Epub 2011 Nov 29.
- James L Flowers, Stewart A Lonky, Erik J Deitsch. Clinical evidence supporting the use of an activated clinoptilolite suspension as an agent to increase urinary excretion of toxic heavy metals. Dovepress Journal. 2009 November. Volume 2009:1 Pages 11 – 18 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/NDS.S8043.
- Beltcheva M, Metcheva R, Popov N, Teodorova SE, Heredia-Rojas JA, Rodràguez-de la Fuente AO, Rodràguez-Flores LE, Topashka-Ancheva M. Modified natural clinoptilolite detoxifies small mammal’s organism loaded with lead I. Lead disposition and kinetic model for lead bioaccumulation. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012 Jun;147(1-3):180-8. doi: 10.1007/s12011-011-9278-4. Epub 2011 Dec 7.
- G. Rodrigues-Fuentes, M.A. Barrios, A. Iraizoz, I. Perdomo, B. Cedre. Enterex: anti-diarrheic drug based on purified natural clinoptilolite (PDF). Elsevier Science Inc. 1997.
- Zeolites, Peter B. Leavens, No Date Given http://www.chemistryexplained.com/Va-Z/Zeolites
- Activated clinoptilolite suspension removes heavy metals without removing vital electrolytes. Wellness Industries Research, 2008.
Previous articles by Gavin Bragg:
- How to Naturally Remove Radioactive Particles from Your Body in 5-7 Hours
- No Flu for You! Natural Ways to Stay Free from Flu this Winter
- Medicinal Mushrooms – Ancient Knowledge, Modern Healing
- Coconut Oil & Zeolite: the Radiation Detox for Optimum Thyroid Health
- Perfect pH: the Simple Way to Optimal Health
- Remove Toxic Heavy Metals from Your Body in Less Than 7 Hours
- Pure Liquid Zeolite: the Natural Detoxifier
- Healthy Recipe – Coconut Cacao and Zeolite Chocolate (Dairy Free)
- Not So Keen On Greens? Here’s the Perfect Green Smoothie Recipe for You
About the author:
Gavin Bragg is a writer, adventurer and natural health advocate. In late 2007, Gavin’s wife Ashley was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour. Western doctors told Ashley her condition was ”terminal” and told her to say her good-bye’s. But Gavin and Ashley “turned East” for their answer to cancer, and discovered the healing properties of a mineral compound, zeolite, commonly used in eastern medicine. Much to the confusion of Western doctors, Ashley treated herself with liquid zeolite and has been clear of cancer for over 5 years, regaining her health and control of her life.
Given purpose by this “second chance”, Gavin and Ashley have become distributors for NCD2 Pure Liquid Zeolite, the product Ashley credits with saving her life. Gavin and Ashley are on a mission to spread the word about natural health alternatives, and hope that natural treatments like zeolite will soon replace the dangerous, ineffective pharmaceuticals that flood the so-called “health care” industry.