Contributing Writer for Wake Up World
If we take the time to explore, we easily find that mother nature brings us the most amazing bounty of freely available superfoods – like blackberries – without the need of spending a small fortune on supplements. These tasty, sweet, deep purple berries are loaded with anti-oxidants, making them an excellent choice against free-radical damage and for healthy cardio-vascular support. Not only have they been shown to have anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties they are also rich in vitamin C and manganese.
I love foraging for these little treasures. Being a family of avid smoothie drinkers, they tend to make a keen appearance in our breakfast (or anytime) drinks, in a multitude of different ways.
One of my favourite combinations is blackberry with coconut milk or cashew cream. This blend creates a thick, rich creamy purple smoothie that everyone loves. It works well with a frozen banana, although it still works nicely at room temperature.
Blackberry & Coconut Smoothie
- One large handful of blackberries
- One banana (chopped & frozen)
- 200ml vanilla rice milk or other plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut cream
AND/OR 1 tablespoon of tahini or unsalted cashew butter
Blend all ingredients together until creamy smooth and enjoy!
Blackberry & Mango (no-banana) Smoothie
Don’t stop there. If you aren’t aren’t into bananas, then let your imagination run wild. My favourite no-banana blackberry smoothie is equally as delicious. I use mangoes and tahini for a gorgeous creaminess…
More articles by Trinity Bourne:
- Trinity’s Carob and Coconut Cake Recipe (Gluten Free, Sugar Free & Vegan)
- Top Tips for Making Deliciously Healthy Salads
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Recipe (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- The Health Benefits of Beetroot – Recipes Included
- Chickpea & Mushroom Burger Recipe (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Global Animal Industries – the Ghosts in Our Machine
- All About Avocados – Health Benefits, Tips and Recipes
- Foraging Guide – with 12 Nutritious Wild Plants That Anyone Can Find
- Keeping Slugs & Snails Off Your Veggies – Compassionately
- The Benefits of Lemon Balm – a Must in Any Garden
- Chocolate Paradise Coconut Bar Recipe – Vegan, Raw, Absolutely Delicious!
- Rosemary’s Amazing Health Benefits
- The Superfood Health Benefits of Celery (with Recipes!)
About the author:
Trinity is an experienced, empathic energy worker and the author of ‘Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen’, a recipe book designed to inspire the soul through conscious vegan, wheat-free cuisine.
Around 18 years ago, during a profound spiritual awakening, the world around her shattered. She became engulfed in a white, universal, timeless, formless light until nothing else existed – other than the nameless truth at the core of all sentient beings. During this life-changing experience Trinity experienced the soul of all other sentient beings, trees, creatures, people as one pulsating energy. Transcending her into a higher realm of unity and oneness, this experience imparted a divine energy that she has been sharing through spiritual work ever since.
Understanding that the energy of our food directly impacts sentient life on all levels, Trinity founded Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen, a website devoted to inspiring the soul through conscious vegan cuisine. She is the co-founder of the Openhand Foundation, an organisation dedicated to the evolution of humankind. She works as the divine complement to her soul mate Open to help facilitate the global ascension process and feels incredibly blessed to be of divine service.